BAFTA Los Angeles is seeking a temporary role, to provide professional support to the BAFTA Breakthrough USA program.
Position: Breakthrough USA, Temporary Position
Reports to: BAFTA Los Angeles Membership & Talent Development Manager
Type: Temporary, Part-Time, April 2021 through October 2021
BAFTA is a global identifier and supporter of new talent and in 2020 the highly regarded BAFTA Breakthrough Initiative expanded to the United States.
BAFTA will identify, celebrate and support up to ten outstanding Breakthrough talents working in film, games or television in the United States.
Those selected will receive a year-long program of support from BAFTA, enabling them to connect with the global creative industries, learn from top practitioners and share their expertise with their peers. They will be promoted as talents to watch for the future and, when it’s safe to do so, will have the opportunity to travel to London for a bespoke series of meetings, events and introductions as part of the global BAFTA Breakthrough program.
We are seeking a dynamic individual for this temporary position to provide professional support to the launch of this program.
This is a great opportunity for the right person with a great attitude to gain broad experience in the entertainment industry and/or a non-profit organization.
This position is responsible for providing concentrated professional support to the Breakthrough USA program.
The position is virtual and reports to the BAFTA Los Angeles Membership & Talent Development Manager.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- General administrative duties as needed and directed.
- Field all initial program enquiries.
- Research and compile information on up and coming talent in the fields of film, games and television.
- Research and compile information on organizations supporting up and coming talent in the fields of film, games and television.
- Initial application analysis to identify concentrated areas of outreach.
- Provide support to Breakthrough USA team as directed.
- Provide support to legacy program of Breakthrough USA as directed.
The nature of BAFTA Los Angeles’ work and its team-driven spirit will result in additional duties to be fulfilled on an ad hoc basis.
- Organizational efficiency
- Ability to work independently and excellent time-management
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Knowledge of talent discovery and film festival industry strongly preferred
- Experience in the fields of film, games and/or television strongly preferred
- A positive, get-it-done attitude
- Ability to collaborate effectively and affect change by applying best practices
Please apply by sending a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
No Telephone Inquiries/Resumes Accepted by Email Only