The BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew Mentoring programme supports filmmakers working across the UK from regions and communities currently underrepresented in the screen industries. Each year, selected participants are paired with a more senior figure from the film and television industries, to provide insight and support as they move towards their first features or major broadcast/online commissions.
These bespoke mentor relationships are complemented by a rich programme of events and networking opportunities as part of the wider BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew programme.
This year’s programme includes an expanded mentoring scheme aimed at supporting 20 writers, directors and producers from underrepresented groups with a minimum of five places for disabled filmmakers.
What you get
- 4 one-to-one meetings with a selected mentor
- Selected UK festival accreditation, travel and accommodation support
- Roundtable conversations with BAFTA-winners and nominees
- Career coaching and development support
- Access to BAFTAs year-round programme of Learning and New Talent events
Applications for BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew are now open. Apply via the BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew application form here
To recommend someone for BFI NETWORK x BAFTA Crew, please complete our form here