Being a BAFTA Scotland member gives you exclusive access to a network of the very best in the creative industries. Your membership will connect you with practitioners from across Scotland and beyond, granting you the opportunity to play an active part in engaging with and supporting the art forms of the moving image.
There are several membership types available to you. As a Branch or Associate member, you will have the opportunity to impact the outcome of our annual British Academy Scotland Awards: we rely on your expertise when it comes to voting and the jury process. If you have been working in the moving image industries for less than three years or if you are a student undertaking a media course, you can apply for a Career Starter or Student membership, granting you access to screenings, events and networking events.
As a member you will have access to our exclusive programme of screenings and events throughout the year. Our screenings range from the latest releases to preview screenings to critically acclaimed festival films, and they take place in Glasgow and Edinburgh every week. We also host a wide variety of events, including masterclasses, Q&As and television previews, as well as our two annual award ceremonies – The British Academy Scotland New Talent Awards and the British Academy Scotland Awards.
Our highlights over the past 12 months for our members include…
- BAFTA Scotland Preview: 'Jekyll & Hyde' + Q&A with writer Charlie Higson and Director of Drama at ITV Studios Francis Hopkinson
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: Television Drama with 'True Detective' producer Richard Brown
- BAFTA Scotland and FTA Scotland preview screening of Prison: First & Last 24 Hours + Q&A with executive producer Mick McAvoy and series producer Louise Say.
- BAFTA Scotland Interview with showrunner and scriptwriter Ron Moore
- BAFTA Scotland and Into Film Masterclass: Making the Cut with director John MacLean and cinematographer Fabian Wagner
- BAFTA Scotland preview of 'Sunset Song' + Q&A with actors Kevin Guthrie and Agyness Deyn and director Terence Davies
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: The Making of 'The Hunt' with cinematographer John Aitchison and assistant producer Mandi Stark
- BAFTA Scotland Spotlight on Game: Distant Star: Revenant Fleet
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: Acting with David Elliot
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: Make-Up Design with Christine Cant
- BAFTA Scotland TV Preview: 'Two Doors Down' + Q&A with actors Elaine C. Smith & Jonathan Watson and writers Gregor Sharp & Simon Carlyle
- BAFTA Scotland preview of Couple in a Hole + Q&A with actors Kate Dickie & Paul Higgins
- BAFTA Scotland & Skills Development Scotland Career Close-Up: Directing Drama with Brian Kelly
- BAFTA Scotland & Skills Development Scotland Career Close-Up: Producing/Directing Factual with Sarah Howitt
- BAFTA Scotland & Skills Development Scotland Career Close-Up: Factual Editing with Bill Gill
- BAFTA Scotland Panel Discussion: The Ups & Downs of Life Online with YouTubers Charlie McDonnell, Scola Dondo & Emily Diana Ruth
Already a member? Login to the online members area to book for events and screenings, update your profile and discover the latest news for BAFTA Scotland members. Online BAFTA Members Area >