Being a BAFTA Scotland member gives you exclusive access to a network of the very best in the creative industries. Your membership will connect you with practitioners from across Scotland and beyond, granting you the opportunity to play an active part in engaging with and supporting the art forms of the moving image.
There are several membership types available to you. As a Branch or Associate member, you will have the opportunity to impact the outcome of our annual British Academy Scotland Awards: we rely on your expertise when it comes to voting and the jury process. If you have been working in the moving image industries for less than three years or if you are a student undertaking a media course, you can apply for a Career Starter or Student membership, granting you access to screenings, events and networking events.
As a member you will have access to our exclusive programme of screenings and events throughout the year. Our screenings range from the latest releases to preview screenings to critically acclaimed festival films, and they take place in Glasgow and Edinburgh every week. We also host a wide variety of events, including masterclasses, Q&As and television previews, as well as our two annual award ceremonies – The British Academy Scotland New Talent Awards and the British Academy Scotland Awards.
Our highlights over the past 12 months for our members include…
- BAFTA Scotland Panel Discussion: The Ups & Downs of Life Online with YouTubers Charlie McDonnell, Scola Dondo & Emily Diana Ruth at XPO North, Inverness
- BAFTA Scotland In Conversation with Alan Cumming
- BAFTA Scotland presents: Derren Brown's Ghost Train at Resonate Festival
- BAFTA Scotland Preview: Life, Animated + Q&A with writer/director Roger Ross Williams
- BAFTA Scotland Preview: Swallows & Amazons + Q&A with screenwriter Andrea Gibb
- BAFTA Scotland TV Preview: Rillington Place + Q&A with writers Ed Whitmore & Tracey Malone
- BAFTA Scotland Screenwriter session with Line of Duty writer/creator Jed Mercurio
- BAFTA Scotland & Skills Development Scotland Career Close-Up: Costume Design with Trisha Biggar
- BAFTA Scotland In Conversation with Brendan O'Carroll & the cast of Mrs. Brown's Boys
- BAFTA Scotland presents: A Games keynote with Brenda Romero
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: Directing with Colm McCarthy at Glasgow Film Festival
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: VFX with Steve Begg
- BAFTA Scotland TV Preview: Fortitude + Q&A with writer/creator Simon Donald
- BAFTA Scotland TV Preview: The Replacement Q&A with writer/director Joe Ahearne and actors Richard Rankin & Morven Christie
- BAFTA Scotland presents: The Game Changers with BAME in Games' Kish Hirani & Ubisoft's Sally Blake
Already a member? Login to the online members area to book for events and screenings, update your profile and discover the latest news for BAFTA Scotland members. Online BAFTA Members Area >