Are you a recent college or university graduate still looking for your break in the industry? You could develop your skills and your industry network by applying to be part of the BAFTA Scotland and Skills Development Scotland Career Close-Up programme.
Career Close-Up is a free programme of monthly events focussing on different skills and craft areas including but not limited to; directing, screenwriting, producing, editing and cinematography.
Events will predominately take place in Glasgow, with additional dates to be programmed in Edinburgh, Inverness and Dundee.
- Small intimate sessions allowing for one to one discussion
- Networking receptions will follow each event
- Online professional network available for all participants, connecting you to BAFTA-identified talents from across the BAFTA branches, London, Cymru, LA and New York.
- Access to podcasts for all events via the closed online network
Career Close-Up is specifically aimed at individuals who are actively pursuing a career in the moving image industries. The programme will only be available to graduates with a relevant qualification who are still seeking work in the moving image industries and have a named credit on a least one production (including student/YouTube projects). You are not eligible if you are currently a student in full or part time study. Eligibility guidelines and an application form can be found here.
- CAREER CLOSE-UP: COSTUME DESIGN with Trisha Biggar
Thursday 2 February, 18:30, The Corinthian Club
A costume designer plays an essential role in defining the overall look of a production. If you have an interest in costume history or modern fashion, excellent design skills and want to help fulfil the director’s creative vision; then this Career Close-Up session is for you.
Keep an eye on the BAFTA Scotland website and social media platforms for further information on upcoming Career Close-Up events.
CAREER CLOSE-UP EVENT PHOTOGRAPHY:
- CAREER CLOSE-UP: DIRECTING DRAMA with Brian Kelly
Thursday 28 April at 18:30 (GMAC, 103 Trongate, Glasgow)
- CAREER CLOSE-UP: PRODUCING/DIRECTING FACTUAL with Sarah Howitt
Thursday 26th May at 18:30 (GMAC, 103 Trongate, Glasgow)
- CAREER CLOSE-UP: EDITING with Bill Gill
Thursday 9 June at 13:00 (McLean Room, Eden Court, Inverness)
- CAREER CLOSE-UP: GAME DEVELOPMENT with Colin Anderson
Thursday 4 August at 15:00 (Dare ProtoPlay, Dundee)
CAREER CLOSE-UP: SCREENWRITING with Louise Ironside
Thursday 25 August at 18:30pm (GMAC, 103 Trongate, Glasgow)
CAREER CLOSE-UP: LOCATION MANAGEMENT with Lloret Dunn
Thursday 22 September at 18:30pm (GMAC, 103 Trongate, Glasgow)
CAREER CLOSE-UP: PRODUCTION DESIGN with Stephen Bryce
Thursday 1 December at 18:30pm (CCA, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow)