The internship is a full-time, entry-level position working within the Learning and New Talent team.
Reports to: Director of Learning and New Talent
Date: End of August for 3 months
Salary: £18,400 per annum (pro rata)
Contract: Full time, Fixed-Term
This three month long paid internship offers you the chance to work on BAFTA’s Learning and New Talent programme, bringing our exciting series of public events to new audiences.
1) Work with the Learning and New Talent team to promote events online, through our members’ and public newsletters.
2) Assist with the running of events as needed, particularly customer service.
- Aid the Communications team in the day-to-day maintenance and updating of the Learning pages of the BAFTA website and the events booking pages, creating and managing online content.
- Work alongside the Learning and New Talent Assistant to compile information about events from event producers for internal and partner communications
- Present information using agreed formats for BAFTA members’ newsletter, public newsletter, website, internal briefing documents etc.
- Research and administrative tasks as appropriate (compiling guest lists, booking travel and accommodation etc)
- Responding to enquiries from BAFTA members and members of the public
Knowledge & Experience
- A passion for Film, Television and/or Games.
- Some experience of working with a website content management system.
- A working knowledge of image editing software (e.g. Photoshop) and/or Google Analytics.
- Ability to take the initiative and work as part of a team.
- A good eye for detail and accuracy.
- Good overview of UK creative industries and current events in the film, television and games fields.
- Experience of working on live events
- Experience of customer service is desirable
The internship is a full-time position at the BAFTA staff offices in Piccadilly for three months starting at the end of August.
This is a paid position with a weekly rate, payable in arrears.
All applicants are required to submit the following:
- 1. A current CV
- 2. Answers to the following three questions:
- Why would you like to work for BAFTA?
- What events or learning initiatives have you been involved in and in what capacity?
- How would you define good customer service?
Please submit the above to email@example.com by 17:00 on Friday 25 August 2017. Interviews will be held the following week.
Please also complete this Diversity Monitoring Form (which is for our records only and is not part of the selection process).