Introducing BAFTA Connect, a new tier of membership as part of BAFTA’s ongoing mission to strengthen support for future creative leaders in the film, games and television industries.
Applications are now closed. Register your interest here
BAFTA Connect UK welcomes applications from emerging and mid-level creatives and executives, with a 3-year term limit.
Applicants should be currently working in the film, games and television industries at emerging and mid-level in their field and be based in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- A tailored development programme: roundtables and workshops with BAFTA winners/nominees and wider industry, as well as structured peer-to-peer networking.
- Full-day conferences aimed at developing craft and understanding of best practive and industry landscape - eg. sustainability, mental health and wellbeing, anti-bullying and harassment and leadership.
- Access to BAFTA's year-round programme of in-person and online industry events and screenings.
- Access to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, including full use of the members’ club for networking, meetings and entertaining.
- Access to curated content on BAFTA View, BAFTA’s online viewing platform.
- Discounted Room Hire at 195 Piccadilly for private screenings and events.
- Inclusion in the online BAFTA Connect Membership Directory, which is promoted to full BAFTA members and the wider industry.
- Opportunity to apply for ceremony-only tickets at selected awards ceremonies
We welcome applications from emerging and mid-level creatives and executives currently working in the film, games and television industries meeting one of the following criteria:
Writers, directors and producers
- Actively working towards their debut feature-length project or their first TV, streaming or online commission with previous experience in shorts, short form, theatre, web series or radio.
- Recently completed their debut feature-length project or their first TV, streaming or online comission.
- Making a creative contribution to the film and/or television industry as a director, writer or producer for hire - including writers and directors of block/ series episodes and writers' room credits.
Development, production management, craft, technical, post-production, research and editorial roles
- A minimum of two broadcast or feature credits in the last three years.
Those with experience in theatre, commercials and short form may still be considered at the discretion of the jury.
- Actively working on, and making a creative contribution to, games produced and/or distributed in the UK with up to five years experience.
Exhibition, distribution, sales and acquisitions
- Currently working for a broadcaster, distributor, production company or industry body with up to five years’ experience
For more information, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions