Introducing BAFTA Connect, a new tier of membership as part of BAFTA’s ongoing mission to strengthen support for future creative leaders in the film, games and television industries.
Applications are now open until 19 April, 6pm BST. Apply here
BAFTA Connect welcomes applications from emerging and mid-level creatives and executives, with a three-year term limit.
Applicants should be currently working in the film, games and television industries at emerging and mid-level in their field and be based in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or North America.
- A tailored development programme of monthly workshops and events as well as structured peer-to-peer networking in London, the regions, North America and online.
- Full-day conferences aimed at developing craft and understanding of best practive and industry landscape
- A secondary programme of year-round in-person and online industry events, screenings and Q&As
- Access to BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, including use of the members’ club for networking, meetings and entertaining.
- Access to BAFTA View, BAFTA’s online viewing platform.
- Discounted Room Hire at 195 Piccadilly for private screenings and events.
- Inclusion in the online BAFTA Connect Membership Directory, which is promoted to full BAFTA members and the wider industry.
- Opportunity to apply for ceremony-only tickets at selected awards ceremonies
We welcome applications from emerging and mid-level creatives and executives currently working in the film, games and television industries meeting one of the following criteria:
Writers, directors and producers
Previous experience in short form, theatre, web series or radio and actively working towards a debut feature-length project or your first TV, streaming or online commission
Making a creative contribution to the film and/or television industry as a director, writer or producer for hire - including writers and directors of block/ series episodes and writers' room credits.
Individuals who have recently completed their debut in film and television will still be considered but may wish to apply for full membership (LINK)
Craft, technical and Production Roles
Demonstrable credit(s) in feature film, games and/or television that has been commercially released or distributed in the UK or North America, via a distributor, production company, network, studio or major streaming platform
Those with experience in theatre, commercials and short form may still be considered at the discretion of the jury.
For those currently working for a broadcaster, distributor, exhibitor, sales, production company, games studio or industry body in the film, games and television industries you will need up to five years’ experience
We particularly welcome applications from people from those who are working in games; in groups or communities currently underrepresented in the film, games and television industries; and those living and working outside of London, particularly if you are based in the North West of England, Wales, Scotland or North America. Please note that a very limited number of places are available for applicants based in the London area.
For more information, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions