BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is looking for a talented Senior Event Planning Manager to join its busy team.
Job Title: Senior Event Planning Manager
Department: BAFTA 195 Piccadilly Events Department
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Salary: £35,000 and performance based bonus
Application: to apply for this role please use THIS LINK to upload a cover letter of no more than 500 words explaining what skills and experience you have that makes you suitable for this role and your CV.
BAFTA is a leading global charitable institution focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social change for all through the transformative power of film, games and television.
BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is the home of BAFTA, allowing BAFTA, its members and the industry to celebrate, support and nurture the talent within and the new talent to come. Alongside this BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is an award-winning venue for hire that offers outstanding hospitality and a suite of flexible event spaces, which can be crafted to suit any occasion. Recently having undergone extensive refurbishment, it will re-open its doors in November.
Purpose of the role
The role of the Senior Event Planning Manager is to lead on the organisastion of a broad range of events for both private and corporate clients at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly. Being a senior member of the team, the successful candidate with manage and oversee all planning and logistics from the contract stage until the event day and maximising revenue opportunities through upselling and working closely with accredited suppliers. This person will have ultimate responsibility for the planning aspects of the department, increase revenue through suggestive sales and play a key role in implementing process to ensure the success of client events.
To be successful you must be able to:
- Receive and review the client contracts and ensure that upselling opportunities are maximised from contract through to final invoice
- Input into the delivery of the team’s annual targets through secondary spends, including food and beverage, technical support and enhancements, and the services of the accredited suppliers;
- Meet and exceed personal and team sales targets
- Mentor and lead junior members of the team, educating on best practice and their training & development
- Take full accountability for the planning of the departments events
- Run weekly function sheet meetings, being fully conversant with the client’s needs, confidently communicating to internal teams the plan and logistics of the event
- Plan live, hybrid and virtual events for a broad range of clients including corporates, luxury brands and high-net-worth private individuals, creating events and experiences that truly reflect the BAFTA brand and exceed client expectations
- Lead on the tasting process and ensure the client experience exceeds expectations and generates upselling opportunities
- Work closely with the Senior Sales Manager and Operations Team, including the Head Chef, Banqueting Manager and Technical support to ensure that all operational requirements and arrangements are in place for each event and all upselling opportunities are maximized
- Prepare all event documentation and coordinate with relevant departments and the client to ensure consistent, high-level service
- Build strong client relationships to ensure repeat levels of business are maintained
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, working to strict deadlines
- Propose resolutions to any challenges promptly and proactively and maintain a solutions-based approach
- Be fully conversant with the technical capabilities of the building
- Ensure post-event evaluation is undertaken (including data entry and analysis and producing reports)
- Be flexible in working hours, to accommodate client events and occasional weekend working
- Represent the venue at showcase events and exhibitions and support the team on cultivation events hosted at the venue
- Contribute to the ongoing implementation of the Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Produce regular market reports on current and projected business levels and market trends
Ideally you will have:
- Events planning experience within the London market and a proven track record in the delivery of sales targets
- Confident, assertive and decisive with a strong operational mindset
- Quick to absorb, process and retain large amounts of information
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Line management experience and a background of leading a team to success
- An active interest in monitoring industry trends and other events to inspire new ways to improve our event delivery
- Knowledge of Salesforce/Delphi – an advantage
- Passion for the events industry and an enthusiastic and proactive approach is a must
Diversity & Inclusion
Our aim is for our staff to be a diverse mix of talented people who want to come and do their best work. BAFTA is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability. Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.