BAFTA is looking for a Games Programme Manager to join its Learning, Inclusion and Talent team.
BAFTA’s Learning, Inclusion and Talent programme works with award winners and nominees and industry experts, creating opportunities for them to share their knowledge and support individuals, so that all those with talent are able to realise their potential, regardless of their background. Our innovative online and live exhibitions explore the role film, games and television play in all of our lives.
This role supports the strategic work within BAFTA’s Learning, Inclusion and Talent team, responsible for the industry and new talent programmes targeted at members and their peers. The role will be responsible for game industry/new talent events and networking year round, both in our flagship venue at 195 Piccadilly in London and in venues around the UK. The role will also assist with the development an inclusion initiative within the Games sector.
The post holder will have a record of accomplishment of working within the games industry and driving passion for inclusion in the industry. They should have a good understanding of event production and/or project management and a passion for engaging audiences in industry issues.
Ideally you will have:
- A strong interest in video games with an up-to-date and insightful knowledge of content, trends and discussion within the medium
- Solid working knowledge of the Games industry in the UK & Internationally
- Experience of programming and delivery of live and online events
- Awareness of and commitment to diversity and inclusion practices within the Games industry
- Excellent desk research skills and attention to detail
Ideally you will be:
- Confident in liaising with high level talent, representatives, senior and prominent industry figures, stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Able to take initiative to improve efficiency of processes
- Able to influence and assert oneself with tact and diplomacy
- Solutions driven, and lateral thinker
For a full job description click here
To apply click here
We inspire new and unheard voices to become the future of the Film, Games and Television industries, we support talented people from all backgrounds to help them achieve their potential, we advocate progressive industry and cultural change, and we amplify and celebrate excellence across the screen industries
BAFTA’s aims: to champion the art and the craft, champion talent and champion the industry environment by:
- identifying and celebrating industry practice deemed exceptional by peer review, thereby elevating the art and craft of film, games and TV;
- providing talent with recognition, inspiration, access and long term support, in particular those under-represented and underprivileged in society;
- enabling a positive and inclusive environment, for an accessible, sustainable and connected industry.