BAFTA is looking for a proactive Fundraising Assistant to join its team
BAFTA is a world-leading independent arts charity and the only organisation supporting film, games and television at a global level.
This is a very exciting time to join BAFTA. 2022 is the charity’s 75th year and we have just completed a very successful capital campaign to finance the redevelopment of our home at 195 Piccadilly. BAFTA is also expanding globally with the recent formation of BAFTA North America, bringing together the existing BAFTA offices in Los Angeles and New York.
Our capital campaign has had the generous support of individual donors, trusts and foundations and corporate supporters – both from the screen industries and wider organisations. The redeveloped 195 Piccadilly has given BAFTA the increased space and technology to significantly expand its year-round learning and talent development programme, and we now need to raise the annual funding to deliver this expanded work. All our programmes and initiatives tackle the barriers that can make it hard for talented individuals to build careers in the screen industries and we work with children as young as seven right up to established talent – see here to learn about the impact of our work.
We raise revenue to fund BAFTA’s work from a combination of individual giving, events, trusts and foundations and corporate supporters. The fundraising manager is a permanent position and plays a vital role within a proactive and motivated fundraising and partnerships team with ambitious fundraising targets.
You will be joining a proactive and motivated fundraising and partnerships team with ambitious fundraising targets. You will play a pivotal role in the successful functioning of the team and this is an exciting opportunity to get experience in a wide range of fundraising – individual giving, events, trusts and foundations and corporate – and to develop skills in donor management and communications.
Ideally you will have
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with a good eye for detail and accuracy;
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in communicating with donors and funders and internal stakeholders at all levels;
- Experience of working with CRM databases, with Salesforce experience an advantage
Ideally you will be:
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work to tight deadlines, with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Interested in the moving image (film, television and games), with a passion for learning more about the charitable sector and fundraising in particular
For a full job description click here
To apply click here
BAFTA is a leading global charitable institution focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social change for all through the transformative power of film, games and television.
We inspire new and unheard voices to become the future of the Film, Games and Television industries, we support talented people from all backgrounds to help them achieve their potential, we advocate progressive industry and cultural change, and we amplify and celebrate excellence across the screen industries
BAFTA’s aims: to champion the art and the craft, champion talent and champion the industry environment by:
- identifying and celebrating industry practice deemed exceptional by peer review, thereby elevating the art and craft of film, games and TV;
- providing talent with recognition, inspiration, access and long term support, in particular those under-represented and underprivileged in society;
- enabling a positive and inclusive environment, for an accessible, sustainable and connected industry.