BAFTA North America is seeking a Development Coordinator to join their Los Angeles team.
BAFTA is a world-leading independent arts charity, with a vision of a world where everyone’s life is culturally and creatively enriched through excellent work in film, games and television.
In addition to its Awards ceremonies, BAFTA operates a year-round, program of talent and membership initiatives that offers unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent. As a 501c3 nonprofit, BAFTA North America extends the organization’s remit into the US, Canada and beyond, including award-winning community outreach programs, screenings, seminars, scholarships, mentorship schemes, and archival projects.
As the scope of our organization continues to grow in North America, BAFTA is seeking administrative support to help deliver its Partnership and Fundraising function.
You will be joining a proactive and motivated team with ambitious targets. You will play a pivotal role in the successful functioning of the team and this is an exciting opportunity to get experience in individual giving, events, trusts and foundations, corporate partnerships– and to develop skills in donor management and communications.
This role focuses on providing the administrative support necessary to successfully deliver and expand BAFTA’s commercial partners and philanthropic donors in North America, as well as other fundraising activities. The role will include administration of contacts, marketing materials, summary reports, as well as direct support to the Head of Partnership, North America.
Importantly, all BAFTA staff serve as key representatives of the organization. Therefore, the individual in this role will have a responsibility to promote the mission of the organization and ensure BAFTA and its programs are presented to our partners.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- General Administrative Support.
- Initial point-of-contact for commercial partners.
- Administration of contacts and prospects.
- Preparing pitch materials and decks.
- Research and compile relevant information to be included in summary reports
- Coordination communication and social media content deliverables for partners.
- Keep track of all donor and supporter records in database, and update and collate information on an ongoing basis
- Manage the tracking and administration of all supporter benefits and work with the wider team to ensure they are fulfilled to required deadlines
- Draw up acknowledgement of all supporter pledges and prepare associated paperwork.
- Source items and help with the administration of online and onsite fundraising auctions.
- Support the wider fundraising team in cultivating new donor relationship and stewarding current donors.
- Support with administration of regular patron events including guest lists, face sheets and event production support
The nature of BAFTA’s work and our team-driven and collaborative spirit, will result in additional duties to be fulfilled on an ad hoc basis. This will include support at Screenings and other BAFTA Events.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with a good eye for detail and accuracy;
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- A strong desire to make a positive impact.
- Approachable, displaying a positive how-can-I-help attitude to all.
- Professional with confidence to present and liaise with industry stakeholders and donors.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Organizational efficiency.
- Calm under pressure.
- Excellent prioritization and time-management.
- Available to manage work hours effectively and efficiently.
- A positive, get-it-done attitude
- Understanding of data use management and confidentiality.
Please submit resume and cover letter via email here.
The employer is an equal opportunity employer. It considers applicants and its employees for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, religious creed, pregnancy or related condition, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or medical condition, military, marital or veteran status, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or qualified disabled veteran, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local civil rights laws. In accordance of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered.