BAFTA North America is seeking a Community & Membership Coordinator in either Los Angeles or New York.
BAFTA is a world-leading independent arts charity, with a vision of a world where everyone’s life is culturally and creatively enriched through excellent work in film, games and television.
In addition to its Awards ceremonies, BAFTA operates a year-round, program of talent and membership initiatives that offers unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent. As a 501c3 nonprofit, BAFTA North America extends the organization’s remit into the US, including award-winning community outreach programs, screenings, seminars, scholarships, mentorship schemes, and archival projects.
As the scope of our organization continues to grow in North America, BAFTA is seeking administrative support.
We are seeking applicants from individuals based in either Los Angeles or New York.
Community & Membership Coordinator
This role is responsible for the recruitment, processing, and ongoing management of applicants across Membership and Learning, Inclusion and Talent programs in North America. This includes working with the team to set criteria, targets, conduct research, and encourage applications, and then coordinating the review and selection process. This person serves as the day-to-day first point contact for the applicants and participants and fields their enquiries and questions. This role is also responsible for creating social engagement across our various programs, including networking opportunities. As a key point of contact, this person will be responsible for ensuring an inclusive and welcoming tone and spirit is created within the programs
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Program Applications and Submissions
- Set Rules, Parameters and Criteria (in consultation with team/committee)
- Build application forms
- Applicant recruitment and outreach.
- Answer applicant queries
- Coordinate review of applicants
- Set up of successful applicants.
- Coordinate payment/fees
- Induction process
- Ongoing Database Management
- Point of Contact
- Ongoing participant engagement
- Identify recommendations for membership or other programs.
- Coordinate Community & Social Events
- Event Coordination Support, including theatrical screenings.
The nature of BAFTA’s work and our team-driven and collaborative spirit, will result in additional duties to be fulfilled on an ad hoc basis. This will include support at Screenings and other BAFTA Events, content creation, and more.
- A strong desire to make a positive impact.
- Approachable, displaying a positive how-can-I-help attitude to all.
- Professional with confidence to present and liaise with industry stakeholders.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Organizational efficiency.
- Calm under pressure.
- Excellent prioritization and time-management.
- Available to manage work hours effectively and efficiently.
- A positive, get-it-done attitude
- Understanding of data use management and confidentiality.
Please submit resume and cover letter via email here.
The employer is an equal opportunity employer. It considers applicants and its employees for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, religious creed, pregnancy or related condition, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or medical condition, military, marital or veteran status, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or qualified disabled veteran, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local civil rights laws. In accordance of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered.