BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is seeking an Events and Sales Executive to join the team
Job Title: Events and Sales Executive
Department: BAFTA 195 Piccadilly - Events Department
Reporting to: Head of Commercial Events
Contract: Full time, 1 year - fixed term
Salary: OTE £25,000 +
Closing date: Monday 10th April at 17:00
We have an exciting and rare opportunity to join the BAFTA 195 Piccadilly Events Team as an Events and Sales Executive.
BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is the headquarters of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts and is an intrinsic part of BAFTA being able to deliver its charitable remit. BAFTA’s belief is that talented individuals should be given every opportunity to succeed and through a varied charitable programme, BAFTA is able to nurture new talent and celebrate the very highest achievements in film, television and games. By hosting an event at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, not only can clients enjoy the very best hospitality service, state-of-the-art screening facilities, and flexible entertaining spaces, they are also be supporting BAFTA’s work in upholding the gold standard and ensuring a very bright future for excellence in film, television and games.
We are looking for a talented individual with an experience of the events industry, ideally with a venue background, who has a proven track record in event sales, nurturing client relationships and working closely with key stakeholders and partners.
Reporting directly into the Head of Commercial Events, you will be tasked with contracting significant event contracts and delivering these to an exceptional standard. This role will need you to maintain regular sales targets, whilst working on numerous projects and events simultaneously, so the ability to multi-task is essential!
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Events and Sales Executive is responsible for generating revenue through key accounts and for producing and delivering events, which have a high net value to the business. The role is also responsible for developing relationships with third parties to form collaborations on events for both private and public audiences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To achieve and exceed team and personal sales targets as specified throughout the year through the following activity;
- To respond to client enquiries, qualifying leads and progress clients through the sales process to confirmation
- Be able to match client needs with detailed quotations
- To encourage clients to visit the venue and to conduct client show rounds
- Inspire clients with creative ways of presenting their event which will ensure 195 Piccadilly is the client’s venue of choice
- To undertake all necessary contractual documentation for client confirmations and ensure payments are received according to the Terms and Conditions
- To undertake to upsell Food and Beverage as well as technical services and production for all client events as well as the services of the Accredited Suppliers
- To organize and host Menu Tastings in order to deliver the clients desired menu and create upsell opportunities
- To be able to skillfully negotiate with clients on pricing and “adding value” to client events
- To understand seasonal pricing and the principles of yield management
- To ensure all payments are received according to Terms and Conditions
- To develop key client accounts and encourage repeat business
- To develop partnerships with external commercial organizations
- To develop market awareness of competitor venues
- Develop good and effective working relationships with the Accredited Suppliers and working with the Head of Commercial Events, help to create and manage cultivation events
- Ensure the client event details are accurately recorded and the details are disseminated to the operations team well in advance of the event date
- Ensure all financial details are recorded and clients are accurately invoiced for all facets of the event
- Ensure that no event presents a risk to either the Health & Safety of the client, the BAFTA members using the Club, employees working at the venue, or the building
- Ensure that no client or event presents a risk to the reputation of BAFTA;
- Work closely with the 195 Operations Team, including the Head Chef and Technical Teams, to ensure there is a smooth and seamless client delivery from sales to operations on the event day
- Ensure client expectations are exceeded in terms of levels of customer service (venue services, price, food and beverage and staffing)
- Hold responsibility for various Social Media channels and manage daily activity
- Attend marketing events both at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly and off-site at exhibitions and networking events, acting professionally and knowledgeable in representing the venue
- Help to contribute to the on-going implementation of the Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Assist in building cultivation invitation lists according to the target audience
- Assist the Head of Department in any other marketing activity which may be required from time to time
- At all times to liaise effectively with other BAFTA departments, ensuring good working relationship are developed
- Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure BAFTA events are delivered with exemplary service. Be creative in looking to develop new ways of delivering outstanding customer service
- A minimum of two years' experience working in events; ideally in a venue
- A proven track record in the delivery of sales targets
- A relevant degree and knowledge of salesforce would be advantageous
- Passion for the Events Industry and an enthusiastic approach is a must
Please send a CV and cover letter (up to two pages each, no more than four pages in total) to [email protected] by Monday 10th April at 17:00. Your cover letter should provide evidence for how you fulfil the requirements of the person specification.
Please help us to develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of our recruitment processes by filling in our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.