BAFTA is looking for a talented Content Producer to join its busy Communications Department.
Job Title: Content Producer
Reports to: Digital Content Manager
Job Location: London
Date: June 2019
Contract Type: Permanent
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts - BAFTA - is a world-leading independent arts charity.
In addition to its Awards ceremonies, BAFTA has a year-round, international programme of learning events and initiatives that offers unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent through workshops, masterclasses, scholarships, lectures and mentoring schemes in the UK, USA and Asia.
To implement BAFTA’s content strategy through content planning, creating, publishing and analysis, across BAFTA’s social and online platforms and channels to meet marketing objectives.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities (e.g. operational tasks, management responsibilities, inputs/outputs etc.):
- Delivering BAFTA’s content strategy working alongside the digital content manager and marketing & communications managers to support existing marketing strategies with a focus on audiences and channels
- Working with the digital content manager to deliver content plans in line with BAFTA’s brand strategy, business narratives, key messages, editorial guidelines, governance and partners
- Segmenting audiences and using audience insights to inform detailed plans to increase engagement and influence community behaviour
- Creating or commissioning assets required by content plans for all BAFTA channels including social platforms, newsletters, websites, DM, working closely with in-house graphic designer or agencies
- Writing and proofreading engaging website copy, blog articles, newsletter items and social media posts (including twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and LinkedIn)
- Optimising websites including checking H1 tags, meta tags and keyword consistency
- Scheduling and publishing content to reach target audiences using in-house publishing tools
- Analysing, reviewing and reporting performance of content to key stakeholders across the business
- Maintaining relationships with social media company representatives and content platforms
- Leading on live coverage of BAFTA’s events, including live tweeting, video streaming, logistics, testing, delivery and live clipping for social platforms
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- 3 years + experience working as a content creator, marketer, producer or social media manager
- Ability to produce creative content and evaluate success across multiple platforms
- Proven copywriting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with wider marketing team, stakeholders and talent
- CMS experience
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Premiere
- Knowledge of Mailchimp beneficial
- Ability to articulate content strategy
- Experience managing multiple platforms and online communities
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Experience of working with live coverage of events
- Strong analytical skills and data interpretation, producing reports on a daily basis
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (no longer than 500 words) to [email protected] by Friday 17 May explaining why you are the right person for this role and which clearly demonstrates your previous experience in:
- Delivering a content plan that meets agreed targets and outcomes across multiple channels;
- Creating shareable assets for online and social media;
- Understanding audience insights and analysis and how that has informed previous work;
- Please also indicate the project or campaign you are most proud of to date and why?
Please take the time to fill out our Diversity and Monitoring Form. This form will not affect your application.