BAFTA is seeking a bright and creative Communications Intern with a passion for film, games and television
Reports to: Communications Manager
Contract type: Full-time, Fixed-term, 3-6 months.
Date: August 2017
Salary: £18,330 per annum (pro rated over the course of the contract)
Closing Date: 17:00 on Friday 28 July 2017
We are looking for a bright and creative Communications Intern with a passion for film, games and television to aid us in the daily maintenance of our online content, websites and platforms. This is a full-time, paid role based at BAFTA's London office and is initially offered for a three-month period from August 2017, with a view to extending the internship for a further three months. The successful candidate should have hands-on experience of working with online media and the ability to write engaging website copy.
To maintain and develop BAFTA’s websites, newsletters and other comms platforms, communicating the organisation’s core messages with a diverse range of audiences.
- Aid the communications team in the day-to-day updates of the BAFTA websites and other communications platforms, and in the compilation of newsletters
- Create engaging and relevant copy and online features around BAFTA’s range of video and audio content, events and initiatives
- Assist with coordination of video and audio content, updating calendars, liaising with internal and external production teams and ensuring content is ready for publishing for agreed deadlines
- Contribute ideas as part of the wider communications team
- Assist with the promotion and coverage of BAFTA events and award ceremonies
- Administering logo requests and permissions
- Excellent oral and written communication in English writing for different audiences on different platforms
- Ability to write clear, accurate and engaging copy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passionate and knowledgeable about social media as well as film, games or television
- Digital photo editing software skills – namely Adobe Photoshop (intermediate level)
- Other digital editing software skills in imagery, video and audio - namely Premiere, InDesign etc.
- Experience of working with HTML and Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience editing websites (Drupal)
- A good understanding of the UK creative industries and current debates in the film, games and television industries
Please note: The successful applicant will need to be available to assist at out of hours BAFTA events and Award ceremonies which arise during the duration of the internship
All applicants are required to submit the following:
1/ a current CV
2/ in 300 words or less, an explanation as to why you want to work with BAFTA’s communications team and how you fit the person specification, with supporting examples from your previous experience
3/ a sample of an original work created by you. This might include an essay, a review, an editorial feature for an online publication or blog, a social media post with elements of video or graphic design. If you choose a social media post, please include a written summary of your creative process in 300 words or less
4/ in 300 words or less, a description of a video you recently enjoyed on social media, explaining why you liked it, why you thought it was successful and how it enhanced your appreciation of the individual or brand/company that published it
Please submit the above information to Nick Williams via [email protected] by 17:00 on Friday 28 July 2017.
If you don’t hear from us you should assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We are unfortunately unable to give detailed or specific feedback on applications.
Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.