BAFTA Scotland is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and hard-working Membership and Communications Assistant to work in the BAFTA Scotland office in Glasgow.
Job Title: BAFTA Scotland Membership & Comms Assistant
Reports to: Director, BAFTA Scotland
Salary: circa £18k per annum with competitive staff benefits including 28 days holiday
BAFTA is an independent charity with a mission to develop and promote the three art forms we support: film, games and television. We do this by identifying and rewarding excellence, inspiring practitioners and benefiting the viewing public.
BAFTA Scotland is a charity supporting BAFTA’s aims, but more specifically, championing the creative industries in Scotland and reach out to the general public.
We rely on funding from membership subscriptions, individual donations, trusts, foundations and corporate partnerships as well as our earned income, to support all our on-going charitable work.
The successful candidate will join a small team responsible for running the BAFTA Scotland branch. In this busy and diverse role, the Membership and Comms Assistant will be involved in all elements of the organisation: Membership renewals and queries; basic administration of monthly accounts; website updates; social media channels; assisting on the Learning and Events programme and the British Academy Scotland Awards in November.
The individual we are looking for needs to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, be a clear and concise communicator and have an interest in communications and events with a keen eye for detail. They will need to be self-motivated and hardworking, proactive and able to learn quickly on the job and work to tight deadlines. This is the ideal position for someone looking to develop a career in event production and for someone with a keen interest in film, television and games.
- Working to assist the Director, Learning & Events Producer and Awards Manager with planning, awards support, events and screenings co-ordination, ticketing and office systems (will include some evening work);
- Processing the annual BAFTA membership renewals and be the main point of contact for the membership in Scotland;
- Record keeping, data entry, archiving and minute taking for all staff and committee meetings;
- Office administration including answering calls, ordering supplies and stationary;
- Basic administration of monthly accounts; issuing invoices and receipts and completing spreadsheets;
- Hands on experience of working with online media and the ability to write engaging copy as well as strong research and planning skills;
- Day to day maintenance and updating of the BAFTA Scotland website;
- Create engaging and relevant copy, stories and features around BAFTA Scotland’s range of events, Awards and screenings - including coverage on social media during events;
- Plan and implement the promotion of BAFTA Scotland events and Award ceremonies;
- Maintain a high editorial standard across BAFTA Scotland’s range of social networks;
- Co-ordinate the sending of fortnightly newsletters within MailChimp;
- Editing and uploading event podcasts for the BAFTA Soundcloud account.
- Strong customer service skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication writing for different audiences on different platforms;
- Passionate and knowledgeable about social media;
- Experience in running social media for a company or organisation;
- Digital editing software skills in images and video - namely Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, or equivalent;
- Passionate and knowledgeable about film, games and television;
- A strong understanding of what makes social media content successful;
- Strong data management and analytical skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Able to contribute ideas and be a good team player.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign (basic level), or equivalent;
- Experience of working with HTML and Content Management Systems (CMS);
- A good understanding of the UK creative industries and current debates in the film, games and television industries.
1. a current CV
2. in 300 words or less, an explanation as to why you want to work with the BAFTA Scotland team and how you fit the person specification, with supporting examples from your previous experience
3. a sample of a social media post to highlight the British Academy Scotland Awards Nominations Launch – can include elements of video or graphic design
Please submit the above to Jude MacLaverty via [email protected] by 4pm on Thursday 19 July 2018.
Please help us to develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of our recruitment processes by filling in our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.