BAFTA is looking for a talented Assistant to join our Learning and New Talent Team.
Position: Learning and New Talent Assistant
Responsible to: Learning and New Talent Officer
Responsible For: Administration of the Learning Programme of events and initiatives
Salary: Band A – £20,000-£26,550
Contract Type: Full-time, Yearly contract
Location: Central London
Start date: Autumn 2018
BAFTA is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated Assistant to join our dynamic Learning and New Talent (LNT) team - the team who programmes BAFTA’s inspirational events and initiatives such as Guru Live, Breakthrough Brits and Life in Pictures.
BAFTA’s learning programme works with world class talent drawn from our winners and nominees, asking them to share skills and knowledge and to identify and support the next generation of talent.
The Assistant supports the team to ensure the smooth running of the learning programme. They will oversee internal and external communications, maintaining accurate and up to date financial and other records. They will assist with the coordination of the events programme, maintaining the highest standards of event production.
The role includes regular evening work and occasional weekends.
- Oversees the administration of the BAFTA events programme to ensure the smooth running of all events – including but not limited to liaising with venues regarding technical and box office requirements, updating internal communications, arranging travel and accommodation;
- Updates bafta.org and ticketing web pages;
- Works with intern to oversee effective communication with audiences - including the weekly members’ newsletter and fortnightly public newsletter and updating event listings on the BAFTA website;
- Responds to e-mail and phone enquiries and requests from audience members to maintain a high level of customer service;
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records including financial accounts and internal reports;
- Conducts research on behalf of the L&E team – e.g. identifying groups for targeted promotion;
- Attend some evening and weekend events to assist with box office and event production;
- Other tasks as directed.
- Experience of administrating events and initiatives - preferably some event experience within a cultural or education setting;
- Experience of working with a variety of audiences, managing multiple inputs to create clear and consistent marketing copy;
- Experience of working in a self-directed way, managing a mix regular and ad-hoc tasks;
- Excellent customer service skills – both over e-mail and telephone/ in-person;
- Excellent attention to detail and standards of written English;
To apply, please send us a two-page CV and a brief cover letter of a maximum of two pages, detailing examples from your experience which demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the person specification, citing appropriate examples. (NB_ your attention to detail and written English will be assessed from your letter and CV, so there is no need to provide further examples for this point). Please send your application to [email protected] by 10am on Friday 7th September. Interviews will be held w/c 17 September.
We are highly committed to attracting applications from a diverse talent pool and request that any applicants complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey to assist us in monitoring and improving the effectiveness of our diversity policy. Any information provided will be treated as strictly confidential; it will be used for anonymous statistical analysis only and will not influence the recruitment process in any way.