BAFTA's Charity Gift and 'Gift of the Academy' schemes are open to organisations whose remits are both connected to our industries - film, television and video games - and directly supportive of our own charitable remit.
BAFTA is a charitable organisation that works year-round with audiences of all ages and backgrounds to offer the public unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent through on-stage events, mentoring and ongoing projects. We regularly collaborate with a number of charities and partners to bring our in-depth knowledge of the film, television and video games industries to a wide range of audiences including students, schools and career starters.
Gifts are a way for us to offer other charitable organisations a little something extra.
Charity Gifts are BAFTA-related items that, when auctioned, can raise substantial funds for worthy causes. We are frequently asked to donate items – tickets for one of its prestigious Awards ceremonies being an example – and, owing to the very limited availability and high value of the items, applications will be assessed by our Board of Trustees, enabling fair consideration of all requests. We will favour charities whose remits are both connected to our industries (film, television and video games) and directly supportive of our own charitable remit.
These gifts include the following:
• BAFTA Awards Ceremony Placemats
A complete set of limited-edition placemats from a BAFTA Awards ceremony
• BAFTA Awards Brochures
A complete set of limited-edition BAFTA Award ceremony brochures, from either the Film, Television, Television Craft, Video Games or Children’s Awards
Please note that wherever possible gifts of Awards Ceremony Placemats or Awards Brochures should be collected from our offices.
• British Academy Film Awards tickets
A pair of tickets to the next British Academy Film Awards, including a Champagne Reception
• British Academy Television Awards tickets
A pair of tickets to the next British Academy Television Awards, including a Champagne Reception
• Room Hire at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
Eligible charities are invited to apply to book space in 2016 at BAFTA's London headquarters. Find out more
We are currently accepting applications for tickets to the Film Awards in 2017 and the Television Awards in 2017.
Friday 19 February 2016 - the deadline for applications for a pair of Film Awards tickets in 2017.
Friday 20 May 2016 - the deadline for applications for a pair of Television Awards tickets in 2017.
A decision will be made within one week of these deadlines, whereafter all ticket applicants - successful or otherwise - will be contacted.
Please note that Film and Television Awards tickets are offered as a source of valuable financial assistance to charitable organisations and it is assumed that they should raise a substantial sum at auction, with an expected minimum of £5,000 per pair. The tickets are intended for personal use only and are strictly not to be resold.
Please send completed forms to: [email protected]
'Gift of the Academy' - Room Hire at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
The 'Gift of the Academy' scheme is for complimentary room hire at our London headquarters, BAFTA 195 Piccadilly.
Applications for 2016 are now closed, but eligible charities are invited to apply to book space in 2017.
1) Gift of the Academy Bookings are available to industry related Charities or not-for-profit organisations whose remits are both connected to our industries (film, television and video games) and whose events directly support BAFTA's charitable remit. At least one of the organisations will be one committed to addressing the balance of under-represented groups in the Film, TV and Games industries, in accordance with BAFTA’s diversity policy.
2) Only one Gift of the Academy booking will be given to an organisation each year.
3) The Gift of the Academy support will be considered as a partnership activity which helps further our own remit and will be accounted for as such in our financial statements.
4) The maximum room hire value of bookings taken under the Gift of the Academy scheme in any one calendar year is £50,000 per year, with a maximum gifted benefit to each charity of £6,750.
5) Applications are invited throughout the year and these will be considered and approved in the October before the financial year in which the event will fall i.e.: in October 2014 for 2015 events. Therefore, it is important that prospective partners, both existing and new, are informed of the approval timetable to avoid disappointment.
6) There is no guarantee that an approved Gift of the Academy booking in one year will result in an approval the following year. We will seek to vary the partners in order to widen our support as much as possible. Please also note that Gift of the Academy bookings can only be granted to the same organisation for a maximum of three consecutive years, after which a three-year gap is required before another application from that organisation can be considered.
7) All applications must include information about the event, an explanation of why the event fulfils our Gift of the Academy criteria and the latest audited accounts of the applicant. The financial standing of the applicant organisation will be taken into consideration when considering the application.
8) Applications will generally only be considered for events taking place in January, February, April, July, August and September, during the venues “off peak” periods. Requests outside of this period will be taken into consideration subject to the venues availability and the outcome of the Board on the individual applications.
9) The Head of Commercial Events is charged with summarising all applications, including summary financial information on the applicant organisation, in time for the October Board meeting when the applications will be considered.
10) The ‘Gift’ constitutes complimentary room hire as agreed by the Board, to the limit of £6,750.00. All additional elements of the event would then be chargeable, including a minimum catering/beverage spend, AV facility charges, and any ancillary products (e.g. flowers). A contract would be drawn up and signed for these elements and deposits/payments required accordingly.
Please send completed form to: Theresa McInerney - [email protected]