The BAFTA Scotland Games Mentoring Programme, in association with ScreenSkills, aims to identify individuals who are seeking entry level positions across different disciplines within the Scottish Games sector and support them at the beginning of their careers.
Our Games Mentoring Programme is currently closed for applications.
The BAFTA Scotland Games Mentoring Programme aims to address issues of underrepresentation documented within Scotland's games industry. It’s key focus will be to increase the numbers of women and those from underrepresented groups working in the Scottish Games Sector. According to Ukie, the trade association for the UK's games and interactive entertainment industry; only 28% of the games industry are women and in a recent Game Developers Conference report found that 40% of games studios very little focus on inclusion and diversity.
There are currently around 600 BAFTA Games members in the UK. This coupled with our industry partners’ expertise will allow us to develop a mentoring programme that provides essential opportunities in Scotland.
Mentees will receive:
- 1 x Mentoring induction session – to work on ‘light touch’ Personal Development Plans in preparation for their first meeting with their mentor.
- 5 x One to One Mentoring Sessions
- 1 x CV Workshop
- 1 x Games Event
- Peer to peer Networking Event
To be eligible for this mentoring programme, applicants must be based in Scotland and meet at least one of the following additional criteria:
- Have graduated from a College or University Games course/degree
- Have 6 months – 2 years’ experience in entry level positions within the games industry
- Have 1-2 credits in the games industry
The deadline to apply was Monday 27 September 2021, 5pm.
We are particularly keen to receive applications from women and those from underrepresented groups as defined here.
This programme is supported by ScreenSkills as part of the BFI Future Film Skills programme using funds from the National Lottery.