Guru Live is open for all – a limited amount of hardship bursaries are available for those wanting to attend sessions intended to inspire and inform the next generation of screen talent.
BAFTA Scotland has launched a scheme to provide financial support for those who would struggle to afford travel/ticket costs but would like to attend Guru Live Glasgow.
Guru Live Glasgow is the Scottish arm of BAFTA’s nationwide festival aimed at inspiring those early in their screen careers with talks, panels and masterclasses - bringing together experts and new talent from all backgrounds.
As part of an annual programme of events aimed at supporting talent development, BAFTA Scotland is taking steps to address the diversity issues and economic disparity within the industry and help those with financial barriers gain access to invaluable advice and networking opportunities.
Applicants must be over 16 and living in Scotland to be eligible for this bursary. You could get up to £80 towards rail and bus travel and free access to sessions (dependent on availability). Those interested are asked to complete a simple application form via apply.bafta.org.
The deadline to apply is 13 March at 12:00.
BAFTA Scotland would like to support individuals who would not otherwise be able to attend Guru Live Glasgow with financial assistance towards travel costs.
- Up to £80 is available per person towards rail and bus travel, which we will book for you in advance
- The reimbursement of mileage costs is .35p per mile.
- You must be available to take part in the Guru Live Glasgow event if selected from 13:00 - 18:30 on Saturday 28 March 2020 (or from 09.30 if selected for Access Pass)
- Those receiving a bursary will be able to book a maximum of 3 sessions for free (dependent on availability).
- Accommodation and food costs are not included.
Please note priority will be offered to those with protected characteristics, those living outside the G postcode, those with dependants and those not in education, employment or training.