Applications are now closed. If you would like to be notified when applications open for Breakthrough Brits 2018 then please email [email protected].
Are you a Breakthrough Brit?
Breakthrough Brits, in partnership with Burberry, showcases and supports the next generation of British creative talent in film, television and games, identifying excellent individuals who have had a breakthrough year in the industry.
Every year, up to 20 on and off-screen talented newcomers are selected by a stellar industry Jury to take part in the Breakthrough Brits year-long mentoring and guidance programme.
Successful Breakthrough Brits receive non-voting membership of BAFTA for a year, giving them free access to BAFTA events and screenings and to the member’s space at 195 Piccadilly. In addition, BAFTA supports each Breakthrough Brit individually; we work with them to create a tailored year of support, mentoring and career development.
Do you know a Breakthrough Brit?
Breakthrough Brits is an open call out for talented individuals working across film, television and games.
If you would like to recommend someone as a Breakthrough Brit, please encourage the individual to apply by sending them the information contained here. Alternatively, please email [email protected]afta.org with their name and, if possible, contact details and we will invite them to apply when we open for applications.
A recommendation, or lack thereof, will not be considered as part of the judging process and candidates who are suggested by their peers but fail to submit a fully completed application form by the stated deadline will not be eligible for consideration.
All candidates must complete the application form in order to be considered for the initiative
Who Can Apply?
BAFTA is looking for exceptional individuals who are already working professionally in the film, television and games industries.
All candidates must:
- Be British, and aged 18 or over on 1 November 2017
- Reside in the United Kingdom
Film and Television candidates must:
- Be making a name for themselves as a performer or in a craft specialism within the film and/or television industry
- Have a professional credit on a piece of work that has been, or will be, released between August 2016 and August 2017, or is reasonably expected to at the time of application, whether:
- Theatrically released in the UK
- Broadcast on a UK television channel
- Commissioned and broadcast by an online broadcaster
- If writers, producers, performers or directors:
- Have, at the time of application, completed at least one, but no more than two projects on which they had a lead role.
- If from any other craft area:
- Have, at the time of application, completed at least one project on which they had a lead or impactful role.
Games candidates must:
- Be making a name for themselves in their field within the games industry.
- Have a professional credit on a piece of work that has been, or will be, published or released in the UK between August 2016 and August 2017, or is reasonably expected to at the time of application.
- Have completed, at the time of application, at least one project on which they had a lead or impactful role.
Applications closed on Tuesday 30 May 2017.