BAFTA is looking for a talented Junior Content Editor to join its busy Comms team.
Job Title: Junior Digital Content Editor
Reports to: Senior Digital Content Producer
Job Location: London
Salary: £24k per year
Application Details: Please click HERE to apply by 24 October
Contract Type: 12 month FTC (must be available to work from BAFTA's central London office location 3 days per week)
BAFTA is a leading global charitable institution focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social change for all through the transformative power of film, games and television.
Bringing the transformative power of Film, Games and Television to everyone.
BAFTA’s aims: to champion the art and the craft, champion talent and champion the industry environment by:
- identifying and celebrating industry practice deemed exceptional by peer review, thereby elevating the art and craft of film, games and TV;
- providing talent with recognition, inspiration, access and long term support, in particular those under-represented and underprivileged in society;
- enabling a positive and inclusive environment, for an accessible, sustainable and connected industry.
This role sits within BAFTA’s small and busy social team, which is part of the PR and Communications team. The social team manage BAFTA’s social channels, creating and publishing relevant content to drive awareness and reach of BAFTA’s year-round activity, which includes its Film, Games and Television awards.
The role of the Junior Content Editor is to plan, create, edit and publish content across all social channels and platforms, and analyze platform data to report on performance against the agreed marketing objectives. BAFTA is an arts charity and as a not for profit any revenue generated from the monetisation of social content is invested back into delivering BAFTA’s many programmes and learning initiatives that support talent in the Film, Games and Television industries, such as Breakthrough, Elevate and Young Games Designer.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Working with the digital content team to create, edit and publish engaging video content across social platforms (primarily working across YouTube and vertical strategies)
- Optimizing pre-existing content to improve performance and increase reach, engagement and revenue
- Analysing and reviewing content performance to inform future activity against objectives (regularly AB testing)
- Writing and proofreading engaging and relevant social media posts (all platforms) and being sensitive to reputational risks and current issues
- Supporting social team with live coverage of BAFTA’s events and awards, including live tweeting, video streaming, logistics, testing, delivery and live clipping for social platforms
- Creating, editing or repurposing digital assets required for content plans across all BAFTA channels including newsletters and website as well as social platforms, working closely with marketing and communications colleagues
- Scheduling and publishing content to reach target audiences using in-house publishing tools
- Creating monthly reports in response to marketing objectives, comparing year-on-year metrics including views, engagements, revenue generated as well as overall performance of channels
- Reporting to other departments within BAFTA as well as external stakeholders and partners
Ideally you will have
- Experience of editing video using Premiere Pro (or similar) and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Ability to produce creative content and evaluate performance across multiple platforms
- Excellent written English and ability to write engaging copy for different audiences
- Excellent knowledge of YouTube and its functions
- Keen interest in popular culture, particularly in Games, Film and Television
- Motivated by working at a fast pace, responding to up-to-date trends, improving performance and delivering against objectives
- Experience of working on multiple platforms and with online communities
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Expert knowledge of trends across video and social video
- Good analytical skills to report on performance
Our aim is for our staff to be a diverse mix of talented people who want to come and do their best work. BAFTA is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability. Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.