STAYING CONNECTED BAFTA Scotland
COVID-19 means that lots of people working in the creative industries are feeling uncertain and anxious about their future.
With that in mind and for an industry that is so reliant on networks, relationships and peer to peer learning, we have created an online skill sharing database for our members so that we can continue to nurture, skill-share and support each other.
We’re looking for members who have a bit of free time on their hands who are willing to offer help, advice and support to those who need it.
- Are you a writer than can offer to read scripts of emerging writers and give some advice?
- Maybe you’re a producer that can offer career development tips or budget reviews?
- Can you offer advice for newer entrants to the industry about running their own production companies
- Are you a craft professional who can advise on updating showreels, online pitching or your CV?
For those looking for support;
- Maybe you’re an early career director that is looking for advice from an experienced professional?
- Are you an acting graduate looking for a chat with casting agents after your graduate show was cancelled?
- Or maybe you’re all looking for someone to vent to or to chat with!
Whichever way you want to connect with people, is up to you.
HOW IT WORKS
The database is free and easy to use, just add your name, your contact details and what you’re able to offer / what you’re looking for and we’ll match you up.
We encourage you to think outside the box when filling in your application, perhaps talking to someone outside of your craft area could prove to be very beneficial for your development. You could have the opportunity to chat with an experienced costume designer about your upcoming project, talk business with a professional producer, delve into cinematography with a Director of Photography and find out how they approach their professional life.
Please read the terms and conditions and complete the form below to take part.
The deadline for each month’s skills share is 1st of the month – you will be matched within 1 week, BAFTA will introduce you to your match and then the arranged chat needs to take place before the 25th of that month.
If you have any queries about the scheme please email [email protected]