1. We at BAFTA and our affiliated companies ("we, us, our") are keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring you obtain full value from the internet and other products and services we may be able to offer to you.
3. We are fully registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") and to ensure we comply with all protection the Act affords to you we have set out below how we intend to utilise the information provided by you if you register via the Site homepage or Members' Area. Further information on the Act is on the internet at www.ico.gov.uk .
4. We will not share your personal information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent unless where required by law. If you have registered your interest with bafta.org and/or any of our associated companies, and thereby given your consent, you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in or that might be of interest to you. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE FURTHER UPDATES PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org . We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with any data protection legislation currently in force.
5. When you access the site, we may ask you to give us your name, email address and other personal information that will be needed to supply the services to you. You can 'unsubscribe' at any time. We may use your personal data for contacting you via the phone or e-mail for support, notification of new products or new versions, general correspondence regarding the Site and correspondence which may relate to you. If you would rather not receive future marketing emails from us once you have registered please inform us by e-mail.
6. The information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be passed on to external companies if you have opted in to permit BAFTA to give your contact information to selected companies, business partners, sponsors and advertisers. If you opt out of permitting BAFTA to pass on your information, it will be used only to support your customer relationship with us (i.e. e-mails only from BAFTA) and to provide the specified service. We do not disclose or sell your information outside our corporate group except if we sell the whole or part of our business.
8. In accordance with statutory obligations we only collect personal information from you which is necessary for us to supply the services to you. You have the option at any time to request that we:
9. All you need to do is write to the address below quoting "BAFTA Website" and in each case quote your name and leave a telephone number so that we may contact you. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity.
10. Making sure you can buy safely online is a priority for us and certain links accessible from our Site offer items and services online. We have made strenuous efforts to ensure that security is one of our highest priorities and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that our online security measures help to safeguard your information. Where possible we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (Verisign) technology to allow for the encryption of:
11. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Two types of cookies are used on this website:
12. Session Cookies
13. Persistent Cookies
14. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the "Manage Cookies" section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website .
15. For further information from us on data protection and privacy contact us via post sent to the following address:
BAFTA Management Limited
London, W1J 9LN
Information on the Data Protection Act 1998 is also on the Information Commissioner's web site at www.ico.gov.uk .
BAFTA Management Limited is a company registered in England. Registered number 01163351