BAFTA Media Technology (BMT) is seeking a Software Support Technician to support its busy team.
Vacancy: Software Support Technician (BAFTA Media Tech)
Contract: Full Time
Reports to: Director of BAFTA Media Technology
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Part week Piccadilly, London/Part week remote
Application: Click HERE to apply
- Pension 8%
- Healthcare scheme
- Use of the BAFTA Members’ Club with discounts on food and drink
- Free tickets to BAFTA screenings and other events
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at BAFTA for a Software Support Tecnician to work in BAFTA’s Tech department.
BAFTA is a leading global charitable institution focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social change for all through the transformative power of film, games and television.
BAFTA’s Vision is:
‘Bringing the transformative power of Film, Games and Television to everyone’
BAFTA’s aims are: to champion the art and the craft, champion talent and champion the industry environment by:
- Identifying and celebrating industry practice deemed exceptional by peer review, thereby elevating the art and craft of film, games and TV
- Providing talent with recognition, inspiration, access and long term support, in particular those under- represented and underprivileged in society
- Enabling a positive and inclusive environment, for an accessible, sustainable and connected industry
More information can be found here: www.bafta.org
About BAFTA Media Technology
BAFTA Media Technology is the software development arm of BAFTA, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. It is a distinct business unit owned by BAFTA that develops software products and services to support BAFTA and other organisations in related industries, providing innovation in technology and the practice of digital media management to deliver key objectives.
Software Support Technician Role:
We are looking for a someone to deliver account manager support for several of our software products. At first, you’ll be responsible for technical support of BAFTA and external clients’ virtual events hosted on BAFTA Cloud Studio as well as supporting system queries on the albert International Carbon Calculator Toolkit. The role will then develop into also supporting the AdGreen International Carbon Calculator Toolkit and Virtual 195 Piccadilly Experience as they go live. The support for the BAFTA Cloud Studio and Virtual 195 Piccadilly experience will be largely event-based so reliability is critical and the ability to work in the evenings, sometimes at short notice, is a must. Support involves talking to BAFTA teams / clients about event requirements and working with the content production teams to make sure the events are delivered to an excellent professional standard. Support for the Carbon Calculator Toolkits will require a full understanding of Toolkit features and industry workflows. This role would suit an aspiring software Product Manager.
- see Product Descriptions below
When you first arrive, your key responsibilities include:
- Managing pre-event requirement scoping and delivering technical support during virtual events delivered on BAFTA Cloud Studio.
- Managing client support for BAFTA albert on International Carbon Calculator Toolkit.
As the role develops, your key responsibilities will expand to include:
- Managing client support for AdGreen on International Carbon Calculator Toolkit.
- Managing pre-event requirement scoping and delivering technical support during virtual and hybrid events delivered on Virtual 195 Piccadilly Experience.
Ideally you will have:
- Client/account support experience, preferably involving software.
- Strong administrative skills, exceptional attention to detail, and the discipline for self-organisation without direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels with diplomacy and professionalism.
- The ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- A service-oriented approach, able to sensitively maintain relationships with a range of organisations.
- The ability to remain composed and professional under pressure.
- Virtual or real-life event production experience.
- Knowledge of software Product Manager workflows, eg Jira a bonus.
- Experience of leading software demos to prospective clients an advantage.
What we offer:
BAFTA is a charity not a corporate organisation and salaries reflect that. What we offer is a good work-life balance with high pension contributions, a healthcare scheme, flexitime. Outside of pandemic restrictions, we also offer free tickets to BAFTA screenings and events and use of the BAFTA members’ club with a discount on food and non-alcoholic drinks. We operate in a friendly, flexible working environment and offer the opportunity to work with high profile partners and clients.
Descriptions of BAFTA Media Technology software products relevant to the role:
BAFTA Cloud Studio (launched 2021) – Constructed from existing technologies to solve the issues common with running virtual events.
Quality of film streaming on video conferencing platforms like Zoom is typically low resolution. Organisations such as BAFTA need to promote video streaming at best quality. Cloud Studio achieves HD for attendees and streams out to social platforms at full HD. Event management teams are usually reliant on home broadband upload speeds using video conferencing. The Cloud Studio bypasses this reliance to achieve dependable professionalism of events. Branding is easily achieved for in-event attendees and for livestreaming to social platforms with BAFTA Cloud Studio.
BAFTA albert International Carbon Calculator Toolkit (launched 2021) – A bespoke international carbon calculator for the TV and Film industries that offers granular emission factors across global locations and currencies at all stages of the production cycle. The updated tool is much more than a calculator, and designed to create fast impact by leading production companies through the planning process right from pre-production phase and offering the ability to generate graphical reports on demand to track progress. The new Toolkit is a response to the increased interest from countries outside the UK in sharing BAFTA albert’s goals and approach in reducing carbon emissions. The tool also allows UK productions filming abroad to measure their impact more accurately.
AdGreen International Carbon Calculator Toolkit – (in build phase, launching September 2021) – A bespoke international carbon calculator for the Advertising industry, commissioned by AdGreen, a consortium for advertising organisations wanting to lower their carbon footprint and backed by the Advertising Association. Like albert’s Tooklit, it offers granular emission factors across global locations and currencies at all stages of the production cycle, but caters to the advertising industry’s very different workflows around campaigns and the bidding process.
Virtual 195 Piccadilly Experience – (in build phase, launching November 2021) – Existing virtual conference technologies are typically based on gaming norms using avatars and foregrounding gaming features. BAFTA needed a virtual conferencing platform to facilitate virtual and hybrid events at its Piccadilly based club that fits the BAFTA brand and foregrounds great content and design. Also in talks with tech suppliers to 195 Picadilly, White Light about integration of their virtual stage.
Follow THIS LINK to apply.
If you have any questions about this process or have difficulty with the form, please write to [email protected]. Please note that we are unable to give specific feedback on individual applications due to the volume received. If you haven't heard from us by the application deadline, please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
Thank you for your interest in working at BAFTA.
Our aim is for our staff to be a diverse mix of talented people who want to come and do their best work. BAFTA is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability. Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.