BAFTA Albert is looking for a talented Programme Manager to join its busy team.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Reports to: Director of albert
Salary: £30-40k (pro rata for full or part-time and experience dependant)
Start date: ASAP
Application: Please apply HERE and include a CV and a cover letter which in no more than 500 words explains why you think you are suitable for this position, what skills you have to be successful in this role and, in particular, what experience/knowledge you have in project management, event programming, sustainability and/or the TV industry.
albert is the industry organisation leading the charge on sustainability for TV and film. We aim to reduce environmental impacts of production and empower the industry to inspire their audience. We deliver on our aims through convening the industry to provide the education, tools and standards.
Whilst we remove barriers to entry to offer the whole industry to use our tools and resources, we are governed by a Directorate, who help us to set our strategic direction and Consortia, who guide us on how to implement the strategy. We have established 3 Consortium groups; General, Sport and News.
Responsibility of project managing the Consortia whilst also programming and developing thought-provoking and inspiring events to help the industry realise a sustainable future for all.
- Create project plans and works schedules for the delivery of the project aims
- Draft and agree project objectives as required
- Manage risks and issues associated with the delivery of the projects
- Ensure that the aims of the project(s) are met
- Share lessons learned / best practice with other parts of albert as required
- Coordinate, convene and manage stakeholders
- Prepare and distribute high-standard meeting materials and minutes
- Provide advance briefings (written and verbal) to consortia chair persons
- Oversee information flows to and from the various stakeholders
- Act as an albert ambassador, including attending external stakeholder/ relevant events
- Maintain the consortia stakeholder contact database
- Actively prospect for potential new consortia members and act as contact for any incoming inquiries about joining a consortium
- On-board new members and make sure contracts and invoices are sent
- Ensure adherence to competition law
- Deliver albert training, as necessary
- Support wider albert team priorities and activities, as necessary
- Plan, programme, and deliver outreach events for the albert project
- Research topical discussions to produce thought-leading panel discussions to highlight the challenges, share best practice and inspire action in line with the project(s) aims
- Produce thought-provoking questions to stimulate discussion in events and at roundtables
- Develop relationships with diverse, relevant and interesting panellists
- Research, source, and secure speakers
- Prepare speaker briefings
- Co-ordinate delivery with support of BAFTA Events and BAFTA Media Technology teams
- Support Comms manager to prepare briefings for albert speakers at external events
To be successful you will have:
- A strong understanding and appreciation of the significance of the cultural sector in shaping attitudes and societies ability to tackle climate change
- The ability to assemble multi-partner, international collaborative projects and develop and grow consensus among different parties.
- Strong and flexible written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt to varying levels of seniority
- Experience of programming panel discussions and other information sharing events and roundtables
- Experience of running complex projects
- An understanding of the TV production and/or broadcast industry
- An understanding of sustainability, climate change, carbon accounting and environmental policy
- Some experience, exposure or understanding of TV production activities
- Experience producing clear, concise and engaging presentations
- Stakeholder management experience
Ideally you will also be able to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of sustainable production and a passion to enable a sustainable screen industry
- Establish familiarity of news and sport broadcasting
- Demonstrate that you have experience of working on event programming or stakeholder management at a trade association or think tank
- Show qualifications in environmental sciences, sustainability or carbon management
- Deliver excellent presentations utilising modern technology to deliver events
- Demonstrate previous project management experience
- Create impact and be an environmental and sustainability ambassador
Diversity and Inclusion
Our aim is for our staff to be a diverse mix of talented people who want to come and do their best work. BAFTA is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability. Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.