BAFTA is looking for a talented freelance Production Manager to join the Production team in January 2021.
Role: Production Manager (Freelance)
Reports to: Executive Producer Awards, Broadcast and Commercial
Date: January 2021
Contract Type: Freelance
Day rate: circa £170
Purpose of the role:
Manage the production process for all content production at BAFTA including all award ceremonies, (Games, Film, TV craft & TV), long and short form content and to work alongside production partners (where applicable) and internal and external stakeholders resource plan and manage the production P&L.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure correct production team structure in place to deliver all awards and production projects
- Create and manage all budgets and drive costs down
- Contract all freelance crew, talent and suppliers
- Oversee the delivery (as appropriate) of all broadcast/long form content
- Oversee all deliverables for the BAFTA archive
- Manage Health and Safety & Risk Assessments & Insurance
- Ensure all other paperwork is in place
- Prepare all schedules and workflow docs
- Ensure the technical rate card is up to date
- Work with PR company on all content to be provided for press including terms and restrictions in collaboration with Exec Producer
- Collate all broadcast stats
- Overall responsibility for delivery of the awards for International buyers.
Management of teams
- Creating and maintaining a culture that enables staff to produce their best work
- Make ‘people management’ a key priority with two-way feedback
- Be a role model for diversity encouraging a collaborative, equitable and open culture where everyone has equal opportunities.
- Oversee workflow of team
- Hold regular meetings with team
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- At least three years’ experience in Production Management
- Experience in PMing big live events and OB’s as well as smaller single camera shoots
- Adept at setting up production teams with appropriate skills
- Adept at managing teams and numerous stakeholders, often operating under tight timescales and managing numerous competing priorities.
- A convincing and persuasive communicator, required to manage production teams, as well as other stakeholders, able to establish effective and collaborative relations across BAFTA, and external agencies/stakeholders where required.
- Experience at creating & managing programme budgets.
- Possess an understating of industry trends and requirements.
- Experience and understanding of the changing requirements for digital platforms.
- Up to date H&S & COVID training
To apply for this freelance opportunity, you need to be available to start work in January and be available until July. Please send your CV and a short cover letter (no more than 500 words) highlighting your relevant experience to [email protected].
Our aim is for all of the people we work with to be a diverse mix of talented people who want to come and do their best work. BAFTA is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability. Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.
If you haven’t heard from us within four weeks from the application deadline, then you should assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We are unfortunately unable to give detailed or specific feedback on applications.