BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is looking for a Porter to join its team
Job Title: Porter
Hours: 20 hours per week minimum, more as and when the business requires them
Reporting to: Facilities Supervisor/Head of Property
Application: Please click HERE to apply
Recruitment Pack: Download the recruitment pack for 195 Piccadilly HERE
BAFTA is a leading global charitable institution focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social change for all through the transformative power of film, games and television.
Bringing the transformative power of Film, Games and Television to everyone.
About BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
BAFTA’s headquarters, 195 Piccadilly reopens to BAFTA members and for commercial events in late 2021 with an official opening set for early 2022.
The new building will double BAFTA’s year-round charitable work to find and support new talent across film, games and television; offer essential support to the industry; and ensure that careers in film, games and television are open to all.
Spread magnificently over 5 floors; the building is a thing of beauty. The craftsmanship and the attention to detail, the quality of the finishes and the unparalleled technologically advanced spaces help create an environment that will stretch you creatively and professionally. We aim to immeasurably change the West End hospitality scene by setting new standards in the private club and event space. 195 Piccadilly is a marriage of sublime seasonal menus showcasing the best of British produce and exemplary service, served in one of the most historic and beautiful buildings in London’s West End.The new Global HQ will have dedicated learning spaces, 2 theatres, the latest in Audio Visual technology and completely new plant throughout the building.
Duties to include;
- Working under the instruction of the building management set rooms, strike down and arrange as instructed.
- Keeping an eye to details assist in keeping all public areas clean and tidy.
- Champion a clean-as-you-go mentality
- Assist in any ad hoc enquiries and direct to the relevant personnel
- Assisting the Facilities Supervisor in day to day checks of the building, inc H&S, maintenance and exhibitions
- Act as fire warden as directed by the duty manager (training will be given)
- Monitoring condition of equipment on a daily basis and reporting faults
- Carrying out small maintenance tasks as directed by the Facilities Supervisor
- Maintain a professional image representative of BAFTA at all times
- Previous work experience as a porter or in a facilities department
- good physical condition, stamina and strength (e.g. to move heavy furniture, to stand for long hours)
- Good standard of spoken English has there may be some customer interaction
- Some familiarity with H&S, especially lifting and movement (preferred)
- Availability to work in shifts and flexible schedules (e.g. weekends and evenings)
- Polite and professional mannerism