BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is looking for a Pastry Chef to join its team
Job Title: Pastry Chef
Application: Please click HERE to apply
Recruitment: Download the Recruitment Pack for 195 Piccadilly HERE
BAFTA is a leading global charitable institution focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social change for all through the transformative power of film, games and television.
Bringing the transformative power of Film, Games and Television to everyone.
About BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
BAFTA’s headquarters, 195 Piccadilly reopens to BAFTA members and for commercial events in late 2021 with an official opening set for early 2022.
The new building will double BAFTA’s year-round charitable work to find and support new talent across film, games and television; offer essential support to the industry; and ensure that careers in film, games and television are open to all.
Spread magnificently over 5 floors; the building is a thing of beauty. The craftsmanship and the attention to detail, the quality of the finishes and the unparalleled technologically advanced spaces help create an environment that will stretch you creatively and professionally. We aim to immeasurably change the West End hospitality scene by setting new standards in the private club and event space
195 Piccadilly is a marriage of sublime seasonal menus showcasing the best of British produce and exemplary service, served in one of the most historic and beautiful buildings in London’s West End.
Job Purpose: To ensure the smooth running of the Pastry section in the kitchen and to see that all areas of that section maintain the 195 Piccadilly’s standards. To act as the Sous Chef’s assistant, and assume responsibility for their absence. To cook any food consistently on a daily basis according to business requirements. To Develop club and banqueting menus using fresh seasonal ingredients working within the costs set out by the chef.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities (e.g. operational tasks, management responsibilities, inputs/outputs etc.):
- To ensure all mise en place is finished on time and is of the highest possible standard
- To train junior staff members in correct procedures of food production and handling
- To motivate junior staff members and provide support for them
- To work to specifications regarding portion size, quantity and quality as stated in recipes, and to utilise the leftovers in various lunch dishes
- To rotate stock in fridges daily and maintain consistency of product freshness and use correct labels corresponding to that date
- To exercise professional discretion in regards to ordering and food wastage
- To report any equipment failure to sous chef or head chef and follow up accordingly
- To set high standards of personal hygiene
- To keep section clean and tidy and sanitary
- To maintain daily logs for hygiene compliance
- To notify sous chef or head chef of any accidents and log in accident/ injury book
- To maintain daily work lists to indicate which tasks must be done for each day
- Together with the Sous Chef, to organize the shift on the section for which he is working and ensure its smooth running
- Together with the Sous Chef to write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Sous-Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in the section
- To maintain good employee relations and motivate staff
- Practice proper recycling procedures and kitchen energy management
- To attend daily and monthly meetings with the Sous Chef, and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef
- Accidents and sickness to be written in Accident Book according to Hotel Policy and Procedure and reported to the Executive Chef on a daily basis
- Assist Head Chef and Sous Chef in on-the job training of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- To monitor the junior cooks on the section: e.g. re personal hygiene, correct knife technique, etc.
- To assist the Head Chef in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- As specified daily by the Sous-Chef/Junior Sous-Chef to ensure the smooth overall running of the section e.g. setting up of food mise-en-place and china and silverware equipment, etc.
- Able to deal with minor problems arising during the course of the Service period
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
- Social Skills and Experience
- Able to motivate staff and have a good rapport with staff