The Academy's Charity Gift scheme is open to organisations whose remits are both connected to our industries - film, television and video games - and directly supportive of our own charitable remit.
The Academy is a charitable organisation that works year-round with audiences of all ages and backgrounds to offer the public unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent through on-stage events, mentoring and ongoing projects. We regularly collaborate with a number of charities and partners to bring our in-depth knowledge of the film, television and video games industries to a wide range of audiences including students, schools and career starters.
Charity Gifts are a way for us to offer charitable organisations a little something extra. They are BAFTA-related items that, when auctioned, can raise substantial funds for worthy causes. The Academy is frequently asked to donate items – tickets for one of its prestigious Awards ceremonies being an example – and, owing to the very limited availability and high value of the items, applications will be assessed by the Academy’s Board of Trustees, enabling fair consideration of all requests. We will favour charities whose remits are both connected to our industries (film, television and video games) and directly supportive of our own charitable remit.
The Academy is occasionally able to help support other charitable causes by making a small selection of limited-edition, BAFTA-related items available each year, subject to availability, alongside a very limited number of tickets to one of its prestigious annual Awards ceremonies.
These include the following:
• BAFTA Awards Ceremony Placemats A complete set of limited-edition placemats from a BAFTA Awards ceremony
• BAFTA Awards Brochure A complete set of limited-edition BAFTA Award ceremony brochures, from either the Film, Television, Television Craft, Video Games or Children’s Awards
• BAFTA Events tickets A pair of tickets to a BAFTA Event in London or in the Nations and Regions
• British Academy Film Awards tickets A pair of tickets to the next British Academy Film Awards, including a Champagne Reception
• British Academy Television Awards tickets A pair of tickets to the next British Academy Television Awards, including a Champagne Reception
We are currently accepting applications for tickets to the Film Awards in 2015 and the Television Awards in 2015.
Friday 20 February 2015 - the deadline for applications for a pair of Film Awards tickets in 2016. Friday 6 June 2014 - the deadline for applications for a pair of Television Awards tickets in 2015. A decision will be made within one week of these deadlines, whereafter all ticket applicants - successful or otherwise - will be contacted.
Please note that Film and Television Awards tickets are offered as a source of valuable financial assistance to charitable organisations and it is assumed that they should raise a substantial sum at auction, with an expected minimum of £5,000 per pair. The tickets are intended for personal use only and are strictly not to be resold.