It’s an exciting time in the documentary world, with a competitive marketplace and the bar set high in terms of production values and ambition. Documentaries are now increasingly given a dramatic arc and are playing with form, using concepts and devices to bring out character, as audiences become more sophisticated. The session will focus on the television genre looking at single docs as well as factual series and cover the techniques, challenges and craft involved in delivering a compelling story.
- Ben Anthony, BAFTA-winning Director (Grenfell, Life and Death Row, Don’t Take My Baby)
- Ninder Billing, Executive Producer, The Garden Productions (Operation Live, Police Tapes)
- Colette Camden, Director (Married to a Paedophile, What do Artists Do All Day? Excluded at 7)
- David Glover, Founder, 72 Films (Trump: An American Dream, Gogglebox, Live from Space)
- James Rogan, Director and Producer (Stephen: The Murder That Changed a Nation, The Gun Shop)
Chaired by Kate Townsend, Director, Original Documentaries at Netflix
Tickets will be available to collect from reception.