Professionals from film, games and television will speak in Cardiff and Glasgow on 28 April and in London on 15-16 September
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) will host its flagship festival for aspiring creatives, Guru Live, in three editions across the UK this year.
On Saturday 28 April the festival will take place in Cardiff for the first time, as well as in Glasgow for a second year. Tickets are on sale now here
The London edition of Guru Live, now in its third year, will run from 15-16 September, with tickets available in June.
Guru Live is an extension of BAFTA Guru, BAFTA’s online resource that shares advice and inspiration from the best creative minds working in film, games and television, and will feature industry-specific masterclasses, Q&As and panel discussions, as well as cross-sector skills-based sessions led by professionals including BAFTA winners and nominees. Tickets for all individual sessions are priced at £6.
Tim Hunter, Director of Learning and New Talent at BAFTA, said: “Guru Live has quickly become one of my favourite events in the BAFTA calendar, bringing to life the insights from our BAFTA Guru site and creating a dialogue between emerging and more established talent. It’s fantastic that this year we’re in Wales as well as Scotland and England, enabling more people to hear first-hand from industry experts, and to network with their peers.”
Hannah Raybould, Director of BAFTA Cymru, said: “Bringing the popular Guru Live to Wales has been a priority for BAFTA Cymru and we are very pleased to be working with fantastic partners to offer access to professionals working on some of the UK’s most popular programmes such as Blue Planet, Peaky Blinders and Doctor Foster. “This festival will be a brilliant addition to the 100 events we already programme across Wales and we hope it means we reach individuals who are yet to engage with our activities and that they become members and frequent guests.”
Highlights from the Guru Live events will be available on the BAFTA Guru website
Follow Guru Live by using #GuruLIVE and following BAFTA Guru on Twitter and YouTube.
Guru Live Cardiff – Saturday 28 April, Cardiff and Vale College:
- Masterclass: Blue Planet II - Explore the the craft and collaboration behind the scenes with a panel including researchers, producer and camera team.
- Producing your First Hour - The first hour can be a challenge for a new producer. Join a panel of TV-makers working in drama who have done it already. Feauturing Kate Crowther (Producer, Doctor Foster), Brian Minchin (Exec Producer, Hartswood), Sheena Bucktowonsing (Series Script Editor, Doctor Who).
- Craft session: Locations - Finlay Bradbury, Locations Manager (Wonder Woman, Spectre, Thor), Gareth Skelding, Locations Manager (Britannia, Sherlock), Hollie Voice, Trainee Locations Assistant.
- Craft session: Costume - Ray Holman (Liar, Broadchurch, Doctor Who).
- The Ladder: Games - Katie Goode from BAFTA-nominated Triangular Pixels.
- Bookable one-to-one MEETINGs (first come, first served basis) - With industry professionals including Catherine Morrissey (BBC Talent Manager), Amanda Roberts (Screen Alliance Wales), Directors UK representative, Ndidi Spencer (filmmaker).
Guru Live Cardiff is supported by Cardiff and Vale College and The Galashan Trust.
Sessions are hosted in partnership with IntoFilm Cymru, My First Job in Film and Directors UK. The Wrap Party is sponsored by Wales Screen. Water is provided by Acqua Panna/San Pellegrino.
Tickets for individual sessions are all priced at £6. For full programme details and bookings click here