Our learning and events programme aims to provide a platform for BAFTA members, award winners and nominees to share their expertise, debate and discuss creative excellence. We work with a number of partners who help us to achieve our aims.
In 2014 we held even more events and masterclasses across television, film and gaming. Some of our highlights in 2014 include:
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass with Stuart Aitken (Axis Animation) on Animation.
- TV Preview of Dr Who: Deep Breath at the Edinburgh International Television Festival.
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass on Gogglebox with producer Tania Alexander.
- BAFTA Scotland Panel on Diversity in the game industry at Develop Live.
- Exclusive TV Preview of the first two episodes of Outlander.
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass with Hamish Hamilton on Multi-camera directing.
BAFTA events are a great opportunity for you to meet other people working in the industry and develop valuable relationships.
Some of our highlights in 2013 included:
- Artem provided an illuminating Masterclass on special effects in March
- Andrew Newman, David Flynn and Karen Smith gave us an insight into producing large scale and successful entertainment shows in April.
- BAFTA Play showcased a range of award winning games at a packed event in May
- Film producer Stephen Woolley held an informative and entertaining Masterclass in June
- Comedy legend Henry Normal filled the Edinburgh Filmhouse in August
- James McAvoy & Irvine Welsh took part in a Q&A in both Glasgow and Edinburgh in September.