Our learning and events programme aims to provide a platform for BAFTA members, award winners and nominees to share their expertise, debate and discuss creative excellence. We work with a number of partners who help us to achieve our aims.
In 2015 we held even more events and masterclasses across television, film and gaming. Some of our highlights in 2015 include:
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: Acting for camera with Kevin Guthrie
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: Composing for Film with Jocelyn Pook
- BAFTA Scotland Preview: 'Jekyll & Hyde' + Q&A with writer Charlie Higson and Director of Drama at ITV Studios Francis Hopkinson
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: Television Drama with 'True Detective' producer Richard Brown
- BAFTA Scotland and FTA Scotland preview screening of Prison: First & Last 24 Hours + Q&A with executive producer Mick McAvoy and series producer Louise Say.
- BAFTA Scotland Interview with showrunner and scriptwriter Ron Moore
- BAFTA Scotland and Into Film Masterclass: Making the Cut with director John MacLean and cinematographer Fabian Wagner
- BAFTA Scotland preview of 'Sunset Song' + Q&A with actors Kevin Guthrie and Agyness Deyn and director Terence Davies
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass: The Making of 'The Hunt' with cinematographer John Aitchison and assistant producer Mandi Stark.
BAFTA events are a great opportunity for you to meet other people working in the industry and develop valuable relationships.
Some of our highlights in 2014 included:
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass with Stuart Aitken (Axis Animation) on Animation.
- TV Preview of Dr Who: Deep Breath at the Edinburgh International Television Festival.
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass on Gogglebox with producer Tania Alexander.
- BAFTA Scotland Panel on Diversity in the game industry at Develop Live.
- Exclusive TV Preview of the first two episodes of Outlander.
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass with Hamish Hamilton on Multi-camera directing.