Our learning and events programme aims to provide a platform for BAFTA members, award winners and nominees to share their expertise, debate and discuss creative excellence. We work with a number of partners who help us to achieve our aims.
Some of our highlights in 2013 included:
- Artem provided an illuminating Masterclass on special effects in March
- Andrew Newman, David Flynn and Karen Smith gave us an insight into producing large scale and successful entertainment shows in April.
- BAFTA Play showcased a range of award winning games at a packed event in May
- Film producer Stephen Woolley held an informative and entertaining Masterclass in June
- Comedy legend Henry Normal filled the Edinburgh Filmhouse in August
- James McAvoy & Irvine Welsh took part in a Q&A in both Glasgow and Edinburgh in September.
Dasha MillerIn 2014 we held even more events and masterclasses across television, film and gamaing. Some of our highlights in 2014 include:
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass with Stuart Aitkin (Axis Animation) on Animation.
- TV Preview of Dr Who: Deep Breath at the Edinburgh International Television Festival.
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass on Gogglebox with producer Tania Alexander.
- BAFTA Scotland Panel on Diversity in the game industry at Develop Live.
- Exclusive TV Preview of the first two episodes of Outlander.
- BAFTA Scotland Masterclass with Hamish Hamilton on Multi-camera directing.
BAFTA events are a great opportunity for you to meet other people working in the industry and develop valuable relationships.