Take a look at findings and action points from BAFTA Scotland's 2018 Membership Survey.
15% of members across film, television and games completed this year's BAFTA Scotland membership satisfaction survey feeding back on our newsletter, website and events/screenings.
Membership & Communications
- 86% of respondents said they would bring their network to an annual BAFTA prospective members' mixer
- Further information was requested on existing BAFTA members and who makes up the membership base in Scotland.
- The majority of respondents voted for the AGM to be moved to after the Tuesday night screening in Glasgow rather than beforehand.
- The newsletter could include more general information ranging from relevant industry news items to interesting career development opportunities to BAFTA video content
- Clearer understanding of membership benefits was requested.
- We will host a prospective members' mixer for existing members to bring their network and interested practitioners to learn more about membership. This will take place on Wednesday 16 May at Sloans, Glasgow.
- For further information on current BAFTA members and contact information where appropriate, please consult our members' directory.
- The AGM will now take place after the Tuesday membership screening rather than beforehand, and will be followed by members' networking drinks. The 2018 AGM will take place on Tuesday 19 June.
- We will include additional relevant information in the newsletter if we feel this will be of interest to members, ranging from interesting news and opportunities to BAFTA interviews and video content
- We will work towards making the membership benefits as clear as possible on our website and in our membership information.
BAFTA/Carlo PaloniBAFTA/Carlo PaloniBAFTA/Carlo Paloni
Events & Screenings
- Some respondents requested that the weekly screenings be held later than 18:30
- A few respondents mentioned the suitability of event chairs/hosts and the gender breakdown.
- Respondents suggested more events out with the central belt to cater for members outside of Glasgow and Edinburgh
- Respondents suggested more networking events
- Due to cinema programming schedules we cannot secure a later slot therefore weekly screenings will remain at 18:30.
- Diversity lies at the centre of everything we do at BAFTA Scotland and we make a dedicated effort matching the chairs/hosts to each event. In 2017 the gender split for chairs/hosts was 56% female and 44% male. Going forward we will continue to work on this area throughout all aspects of our work.
- We endeavour to coordinate events out with the central belt where possible and will be coordinating events in Dundee, Inverness and Aberdeen this year.
- We will endeavour to host more networking opportunities for members, starting with the upcoming members' pub quiz on Wednesday 16 May.