28 February 13
The British Academy Cymru Awards in 2013 are now open for entry. As in previous years, we are asking Distributors, Production Companies, Producers and Members to enter work that they wish to be considered. The entry deadline is Friday 19th April 2013.
Entry is in three stages:
1) Online Entry Form: click here to enter
2) Video upload: click here for full guidelines
3) Payment: All entrants will be contacted directly by BAFTA in Wales (via email) to process payment fee. Entry fees MUST be received no later than Friday 10 May 2013 (see Rule Book for full details)
The following are the key changes rules this year:
1) The qualifying period will run between 1st January 2012 and 31st March 2013.
2) Nominated teams are required to select one representative for formal acceptance of any award.
3) The eligibility criteria has changed from last year, please check the rule book.
4) Package entry fee's have increased to £150 plus VAT.
5) Please provide contact details for every individual entered in the space provided on the entry portal.
The following are the key changes to categories this year:
1) Editor: Fiction and Editor: Factual have merged to become Editing.
2) Sports Programme has become Sport & Live Outside Broadcast Event.
3) Short Form and Animation will become two separate categories.
4) Graphic Design has changed to Visual & Graphics Effects.
5) Digital Creativity and Games will be awarded separately outside the main awards ceremony at the inaugural BAFTA Cymru Games Awards to coincide with the Showcase on June 26th 2013.
6) Writer is for fiction only.
Please read the rules carefully as there are other, minor changes and additions.
Breakthrough Award (25 KB)