1. We at BAFTA and our affiliated companies ("we, us, our") are keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring you obtain full value from the internet and other products and services we may be able to offer to you.
3. We are fully registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") and to ensure we comply with all protection the Act affords to you we have set out below how we intend to utilise the information provided by you if you register via the Site homepage or Members' Area. Further information on the Act is on the internet at www.ico.gov.uk .
4. We will not share your personal information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent unless where required by law. If you have registered your interest with bafta.org and/or any of our associated companies, and thereby given your consent, you may be contacted with relevant promotions, offers or information that you have expressed an interest in or that might be of interest to you. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE FURTHER UPDATES PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com . We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with any data protection legislation currently in force.
5. When you access the site, we may ask you to give us your name, email address and other personal information that will be needed to supply the services to you. You can 'unsubscribe' at any time. We may use your personal data for contacting you via the phone or e-mail for support, notification of new products or new versions, general correspondence regarding the Site and correspondence which may relate to you. If you would rather not receive future marketing emails from us once you have registered please inform us by e-mail.
6. The information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be passed on to external companies if you have opted in to permit BAFTA to give your contact information to selected companies, business partners, sponsors and advertisers. If you opt out of permitting BAFTA to pass on your information, it will be used only to support your customer relationship with us (i.e. e-mails only from BAFTA) and to provide the specified service. We do not disclose or sell your information outside our corporate group except if we sell the whole or part of our business.
8. In accordance with statutory obligations we only collect personal information from you which is necessary for us to supply the services to you. You have the option at any time to request that we:
9. All you need to do is write to the address below quoting "BAFTA Website" and in each case quote your name and leave a telephone number so that we may contact you. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity.
10. Making sure you can buy safely online is a priority for us and certain links accessible from our Site offer items and services online. We have made strenuous efforts to ensure that security is one of our highest priorities and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that our online security measures help to safeguard your information. Where possible we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (Verisign) technology to allow for the encryption of:
11. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Two types of cookies are used on this website:
12. Session Cookies
13. Persistent Cookies
14. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the "Manage Cookies" section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website .
15. For further information from us on data protection and privacy contact us via post sent to the following address:
BAFTA Management Limited
London, W1J 9LN
Information on the Data Protection Act 1998 is also on the Information Commissioner's web site at www.ico.gov.uk .
BAFTA Management Limited is a company registered in England. Registered number 01163351
Cookies are small text files that are sent by websites that you visit to recognise who you are when you return there. There files are stored on your computer’s hard drive, and are read by your web browser.
How are cookie used?
A list of all the cookies used on this website by us, and our technology partners can be found in our cookies list .
Adobe uses a particular type of cookie called a ‘Local Shared Object’, which is typically collected if you watch a video for example that uses the Adobe Flash media player, i.e. an embedded YouTube video on a page that is being played via Flash. Please note that these types of cookie will not be found on iPads, which do not support Flash.
Have a look at Adobe's website if you want to control Flash cookies on your computer. If you’ve got a Firefox browser you can also get an add-on to detect and delete Flash cookies.
There are a number of options available so that you do not have to store any cookies at all. You can either set your browser so that it will not accept and store any cookie, or if you have a little more time and knowledge you are able to allow only certain ‘trusted’ sites to store cookies on your computer. These sites may include us (of course!), or the site where you carry out your online banking, or possibly your favourite news service.
It’s worth bearing in mind that if you decide to delete all of your cookies, then you will likely have to re-enter all of your usernames and passwords on all of the sites that you visit, which you previously didn’t even have to think about. As we mentioned before, cookies can be a real asset to your web surfing experience.
The Information Commissioner’s Office ( http://www.ico.gov.uk/ ) provides some advice about cookies and their use, but it also provides a link to ‘About cookies’ ( www.aboutcookies.org ) which is run by the law firm Pinsent Masons. This website provides even more information about cookies if you feel that this page and the ICO is not enough information for you, but it also details how you might delete any cookies that you find, and it also shows you how to allow those trusted sites to store their cookies on your computer.
Web beacons are also sometimes referred to as ‘web bugs’ and are small single pixel transparent image files. They allow website owners to know when a visitor has reached their website, and are used in conjunction with cookies to allow further website tracking to be monitored. Again, these files are not viruses, but are useful in helping us to make your web surfing experience better.
We work with the following companies in maintaining and improving our website, and they must all satisfy the data protection requirements. If you have any more questions, please do contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
the OTHER media provide build and hosting services to ZSL and help us to maintain the software that runs our website. They provide us with reporting statistics where required, and will serve cookies on our behalf to enable any site personalisation and log in functionality.