20 December 13
The BAFTA Scotland Learning and Events Programme has grown substantially in the past year. In 2013 we held 45 masterclasses, panel sessions and Q&A’s across the whole of Scotland. Some of these have celebrated the talent of Scottish based practitioners while others have brought world class talents to Scotland to share their experiences.
Our learning and events programme aims to provide a platform for BAFTA members, award winners and nominees to share their expertise, debate and discuss creative excellence.
We work with a number of partners who help us to achieve our aims. Some of our highlights in 2013 included:
• Artem provided an illuminating Masterclass on special effects in March
• Andrew Newman, David Flynn and Karen Smith gave us an insight into producing large scale and successful entertainment shows in April.
• BAFTA Play showcased a range of award winning games at a packed event in May
• Film producer Stephen Woolley held an informative and entertaining Masterclass in June
• Comedy legend Henry Normal filled the Edinburgh Filmhouse in August
• James McAvoy & Irvine Welsh took part in a Q&A in both Glasgow and Edinburgh in September
We aim to build on these successes and bring you more panels, insights and masterclasses in 2014. BAFTA events are a great opportunity for you to meet other people working in the industry and develop valuable relationships.