TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to The British Academy of Film and Television Arts. The British Academy of Film and Television Arts and BAFTA Management Limited (jointly referred to as "BAFTA") provides you its services and access to use this site ("bafta.org") subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect on the date which you first use the site. BAFTA reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
2. Material contained in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of BAFTA. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
3. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons identifying or relating to BAFTA and/or the its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. In no event will BAFTA and/or third parties be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. BAFTA does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. The names, images and logos identifying BAFTA and/or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of BAFTA and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent of BAFTA or any other third party.
5. Once purchased or booked, tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event / screening is cancelled, moved to another date, or if the event / screening is completely changed after an order is placed (complete changes being a change of headline act, venue or show time).
6. In the event of the cancellation of an event / screening by BAFTA or the organizer (i.e. a cancellation due to circumstances beyond BAFTA's control), BAFTA will only refund the face value of the ticket. BAFTA will use its reasonable endeavours to contact purchasers either by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of ordering) and advise them to return the tickets. Please note, however, it is the customers’ responsibility to check whether the event / screening is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue, and BAFTA cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer of any changes to the date, time or venue of the event / screening.
7. The customer will be entitled to a full refund, including any booking fee charged, if BAFTA is unable to fulfil an order, due to (i) BAFTA dispatching the wrong order, i.e. wrong event / screening or wrong type of tickets, (ii) BAFTA acting with negligence or acting in breach of contract. Refunds will be offered at BAFTA’s discretion.
8. Customers are advised to check their purchase / booking upon receipt of e-ticket.
9. The right to admission to an event / screening is reserved by BAFTA and/or the organizer and venue of event / screening, who may take health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account at their reasonable discretion, and may from time to time carry out security searches. BAFTA hereby advises customers that no refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or ejected from a venue on account of late arrival, being (or appearing to be) under age*, declining to be searched, abusive, threatening, drunken or other antisocial behavior (including smoking in no smoking areas), carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, or making unauthorized audio, video or photographic recordings.
*Events, screenings and ticket types where an age restriction applies are clearly indicated during the booking process. Please ensure that you read all the information that applies to the event/screening/ticket you are booking, and carry proof of age if appropriate.
10. The customer agree by ordering that the tickets are for the personal use of the customer and the customers’ party only, and will not be resold or transferred. Any resale or attempt to resell the tickets at a price higher than purchased will result in the customers’ orders being cancelled without prior notification.
11. If a customer orders more tickets than the maximum allowed, as indicated during the booking process, BAFTA reserves the right to cancel the order. The maximum applies per person/card/household.
12. In order to prevent fraud and to protect both parties, the customer may be asked to provide additional information after the booking so that BAFTA can verify the purchase.
14. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining term and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
15. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
All material on this site, including articles, imagery and video content, are the exclusive copyright of BAFTA, unless otherwise stated.