Code of Conduct for Screenings and Events
09 August 10
Attending Screenings and Events
- Members are asked not to register for a screening unless they are reasonably certain that they will attend, as reserving seats they will not be using prevents other Members from being able to register.
- Cancellations for members and guests will be closed at midnight prior to the screening. For weekend screenings, the cutoff time is noon on Friday. Members who do not cancel prior to this time will be recorded as no-shows.
- Two no-shows or three cancellations within a thirty-day period will result in a member being blocked for at least thirty days from being able to register for screenings or events until 48 hours prior to the event. Repeat offenses will result in a 90-day suspension of early registration privileges.
- No-shows and cancellations shall be counted by the number of screenings or events missed, not the total number of seats reserved. However, persistent and excessive guest cancellations will be subject to review.
- Members generally need not worry about changing a guest’s name on the RSVP list if there is a late switch. However in certain circumstances, for security purposes, the name of the guest will be required to be entered into a master security list. The invitation will make it clear when names are required.
- A printed confirmation will be required if a registration was made on the day of the screening or event.
- Members will be required to show their current BAFTA membership card at check-in and a confirmation will additionally be required if a reservation was made on the day of the screening. They should be prepared also to show a valid photo ID if asked.
- Members are responsible for making sure that they and their guests are checked in, so that they will not be counted as no-shows.
- All screenings will start at the scheduled start time. The check-in desk will close five minutes before start time to allow everyone to find a seat. If the check-in desk has closed when a member arrives, that member will be counted as a no-show. Members may not request or demand that their name be checked off on the reservation list after the check-in desk has closed.
- Inappropriate behavior by Members or their guests is not acceptable. Any Member who has an issue at a BAFTA screening or event may take the matter up with a Screening Committee member or Board member in attendance, or afterwards via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.