06 March 13
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS NOW PASSED
Job Title: HR Officer (part time - 3 days per week)
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer, Head of Finance and Business Affairs and will work closely with the HR Consultant.
Salary: Circa £30,000-£32,000 (pro-rata to 60%) dependent on experience + benefits
- Work closely with the BAFTA and 195 Piccadilly Ltd Management Teams and departments across the business to support the achievement of the Company’s HR objectives.
- Provide a practical and administrative day to day HR support function to both BAFTA and 195 Piccadilly working closely with managers and the company’s HR Consultant.
- Continuously review HR Policies/Staff Handbook and suggest amendments as necessary
- Ensure legislative changes that may affect existing policies are identified
- Advise managers about HR policy, ensuring their understanding and compliance
- Work with managers to advise on and support recruitment campaigns as necessary
- Advise on job descriptions, advertise roles, interview with line managers and make offers of employment where appropriate
- Manage/handle the new starter and induction process
- Assist in the preparation of employment contracts and offer documentation
- Responding to work experience/speculative employment enquiries and coordinating internship placements as necessary
- Assist line managers and the Company’s HR Consultant with/managing ER cases (eg disciplinary, grievance, redundancy, capability, absence etc)
- Ensure that relevant legal updates are communicated to Managers.
Health & Well-being
- Act as a first confidential contact for any employee with health or wellbeing concerns
- Act as private health care scheme administrator, keeping records of Policy, claims and coordinate renewal process
- Assist in programming and managing employee well-being services including medical checks, annual flu injections and confidential counselling as necessary
Training & Development
- Assist line managers to source, coordinate and evaluate appropriate training and development needs
- Ensure training records are kept up to date, analyse feedback and suggest improvements as necessary
- Assist with HR project work as required
- Research into compensation and benefit trends as required.
General and Administration
- Be a first point of contact for managers and employees on HR queries
- Provide support for the COO, Head of Finance and Business Affairs and HR Consultant on HR matters as required
- Monitor attendance records to identify/pre-empt any attendance issues
- Keep any HR information on the Company intranet up to date, continuously review the information to ensure it meets the needs of intranet users
- Generate HR reports and produce/analyse management information as required *Any other HR administrative duties as reasonably required
Relevant Candidate skills:
- Excellent administrative skills with a high standard of accuracy
- Generalist HR experience within an HR environment
- Experience of working with and advising line managers and employees
- Able to prioritise workload and work efficiently
- Outstanding communication skills (including clear and grammatically precise writing style)
- Good level of expertise/flexibility in MS Office software (including Word, Excel and PP)
- Team oriented
- Results focused
- CIPD qualified, part qualified or desire to qualify
- Confidence to build relationships across all levels of the business
- Practical, proactive and flexible
The closing date for applications was 21 March 2013. Due to the expected volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.