BAFTA is seeking administrative support to the office and the organization’s varied activities. Based in Los Angeles.
Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Los Angeles
British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a leading nonprofit organization promoting and rewarding excellence in film, games and television. Through awards, events and online resources, we drive standards ever higher, seek out and encourage new and emerging talent, and inspire practitioners while celebrating the very best creative work. As a 501c3 nonprofit, BAFTA Los Angeles extends the organization’s remit into the US, including award-winning community outreach programs, screenings, seminars, scholarships, mentorship schemes, and archival projects.
This position is responsible for providing professional administrative support to the office and the organization’s varied activities. By its nature, the position’s responsibilities are broad but will include fielding telephone & email enquiries, calendar scheduling, office upkeep, filing and database management, and off-site event work.
The position is based in Los Angeles, reporting to the BAFTA Los Angeles Chief Executive Officer, but supporting the full BAFTA Los Angeles team.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- General administrative duties as needed and directed.
- Field all incoming calls and enquiries.
- Handle incoming/outgoing mailings and deliveries.
- Social Media and Communications.
- Website maintenance
- Event/Screening Scheduling and Guest List Coordination.
- Administrative support to Membership processess.
- General office upkeep.
- Committee and Board Meeting scheduling.
- Calendar and Scheduling.
- Provide support to event producers, staff and committees as directed.
The nature of BAFTA Los Angeles’ work and its team-driven spirit, will result in additional duties to be fulfilled on an ad hoc basis.
- Exceptional customer service mind-set
- Organizational efficiency
- Excellent prioritization and time-management
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong interest in and proficiency for Social Media (corporate social media experience an advantage)
- Proficiency in Social Media (corporate social media an advantage)
- Experience in Drupal-based websites an advantage.
- Available to work evening and weekend events in addition to regular office hours.
- A positive, get-it-done attitude
To apply, please send your Resume and a brief covering letter (no more than two pages each) to [email protected]. Your cover letter should detail how you meet the skills requirements listed above. No phone calls please.