BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is looking for a talented Senior Sales Manager to join its busy events team.
Job Title: Senior Sales Manager
Department: BAFTA 195 Piccadilly - Sales
Reporting to: Director, BAFTA Piccadilly
Application closure date: 14 January 2019
Start date: Immediate
Term: 12 month contract
Overall purpose of the role: -
- Responsible for overseeing and generating revenue through selling the BAFTA Piccadilly venues (195 and 194) to external clients;
- To assist in the smooth transition of BAFTA 195 Piccadilly events and clients to BAFTA Piccadilly (194);
- To generate the budgeted revenue though venue hire, significant in-house food & beverage sales, in-house technical sales and supplier commissions;
- Confirming significant contracts and working closely with the events team to deliver these events;
- To maintain regular sales targets, whilst working on numerous projects simultaneously, so the ability to multi-task is essential;
- To manage a small team and support them to achieve agreed targets on sales and performance;
- Conduct sales meetings and regular reporting of performance.
- To hold responsibility for budget delivery;
- To respond to clients enquiries, qualifying leads and progressing clients through the sales pipeline, conducting site visits and meetings to contract stage;
- To undertake all necessary contractual documentation for clients confirmations;
- To achieve and exceed personal monthly and annual sales targets;
- To develop key client accounts both with BAFTA partners and external clients and generate a repeat client percentage in line with targets set;
- To secure new business accounts through to the contractual stage: both direct and through agencies;
- To make proactive calls and meetings and support the team to do the same;
- To ensure deposit payments are received according to our Terms and Conditions;
- To develop and generate events income through client engagement with BAFTA and keep abreast of ‘experiential events’ that other venues are offering;
- To work with differing departments within BAFTA (Productions, L&NT, Partnerships) to maximise the opportunities for the BAFTA brand to safely be present in commercial events;
- To identify corporate clients who would like to engage with BAFTA Piccadilly experiential events;
- To test concepts and ideas to audiences at showcase events and develop them in-line with feedback;
- To be able to match clients needs in creative ways that exceed their expectations;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of events trends in production, styling, experience, food and beverage and translate them into the BAFTA Piccadilly offer.
- To work closely with the events team in order to handover clients requirements and ensure that they deliver the event as agreed and signed at confirmation;
- To deliver a number of showcase events that promote the very best of BAFTA Piccadilly to our client base;
- Ensure that no event compromises BAFTA Piccadilly (195 and 194) Health and Safety guidelines or risk the reputation of either BAFTA or BAFTA Piccadilly;
- To work closely with the management of all BAFTA Piccadilly (195 and 194) departments to ensure the smooth delivery of events.
- Strong management experience in the events industry;
- Experience of working in a venue is essential;
- A proven track record in the delivery of sales targets.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and Cover Letter detailing how you meet the requirements for this role to [email protected] by 14 January.
Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.