BAFTA is seeking a Sales and Experience Manager to join their busy BAFTA 195 Events Department.
Job Title: Sales and Experience Manager
Department: BAFTA 195 Events Department
Reporting to: Head of Sales, BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
Application closure date: Extended Tuesday 17 October at 17:00
We have an exciting and rare opportunity to join the BAFTA 195 Piccadilly Events Team as a Sales and Experience Manager.
We are looking for a talented individual with a proven record of accomplishment of sales in the events industry. Ideally this candidate will have worked in a venue or have a catering background, is confident in working to sales targets, nurturing existing client relationships and acquiring new ones and has the ability to work closely with key stakeholders and BAFTA partners. This role is responsible for generating revenue through key account management, contracting high-value events and selling our ‘BAFTA 195 Experiences’ to corporate clients and valued partners.
Reporting directly into the Head of Sales, you will be tasked with contracting significant event contracts and working closely with the Senior Event Manager who will deliver these events based on the details confirmed with your clients. This role will need you to maintain regular sales targets, whilst working on numerous projects and events simultaneously, so the ability to multi-task is essential.
Overall purpose of the role: -
- Responsible for generating revenue through selling events to new and existing clients, contracting high-value events and promoting “BAFTA 195 Experiences” to corporate clients and valued BAFTA partners;
- Reporting directly into the Head of Sales, you will be tasked with contracting significant event contracts and working closely with the Senior Event Manager who will deliver these events based on the details confirmed with your clients;
- This role will need you to maintain regular sales targets, whilst working on numerous projects and events simultaneously, so the ability to multi-task is essential;
- To respond to clients enquiries, qualifying leads and progressing clients through the sales pipeline, conducting site visits and meetings to contract stage;
- To undertake all necessary contractual documentation for clients confirmations;
- To achieve and exceed personal monthly and annual sales targets;
- To develop key client accounts both with BAFTA partners and external clients and generate a repeat client percentage in line with targets set;
- To ensure deposit payments are received according to our Terms and Conditions;
- To work closely with the Senior Event Manager in order to handover clients requirements and ensure that they deliver the event as confirmed at confirmation;
- To deliver a number of showcase events that promote the very best of BAFTA 195 to our client base, and our “BAFTA 195 Experiences”;
- Ensure that no event compromises BAFTA 195’s Health and Safety guidelines or risk the reputation of either BAFTA or BAFTA 195
- To work closely with the management of all BAFTA195 departments to ensure the smooth delivery of events.
- To develop and generate events income through BAFTA Experiences and keep abreast of ‘experiential events’ that other venues are offering;
- To work with differing departments within BAFTA (Productions, L&NT, Partnerships) to maximise the opportunities for the BAFTA brand to be present in commercial event ;
- To identify corporate clients who would like to engage with BAFTA experiential events and work with BAFTA in creating and producing the event content;
- To test concepts and ideas to audiences at showcase events and develop them in-line with feedback and thinking;
- To communicate the Experience offering to the Events Team in order for all team members to equally upsell this concept;
- To be able to match clients needs in creative ways that exceed their expectations;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of events trends in production, styling, experience, food and beverage
- To work with the Director to implement Experiences within the cultivation programme
- Develop the programme to be a standalone revenue generating entity.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and Cover Letter to Jenny Bones at [email protected] by Wednesday 11 October at 17:00.
Please also complete this diversity monitoring form (which is for our records only and is not part of the selection process).