BAFTA is looking for a talented Producer/Production Manager to join its busy Production team.
Job Title: Producer/Production Manager
Reports to: Director of Production
Job Location: BAFTA offices - London
Date: February 2019
Contract Type: Full time
Salary: £35,000 + benefits
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts - BAFTA - is a world-leading independent arts charity.
In addition to its Awards ceremonies, BAFTA has a year-round, international programme of learning events and initiatives that offers unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent through workshops, masterclasses, scholarships, lectures and mentoring schemes in the UK, USA and Asia.
To join the BAFTA Productions team to produce and production manage a variety of content, based on BAFTA’s year round activity.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
To capture and deliver filmed events throughout the year in the role as Producer/Production Manager. To develop and create additional content around the BAFTA Awards and other events to raise brand awareness.
Working Closely with:
- Director of Production, Head of Production & Production Team
- Awards Team
- Learning and New Talent Team
- Communications Team
- Partnerships Team
- Freelance Contractors
- Work with production team to produce and production manage online content for BAFTA’s awards ceremonies, including live and recorded programming.
- Shared production management of BAFTA’s Children’s, Games and Television Craft Awards.
- Produce content for BAFTA websites from Learning and New Talent events.
- Develop original content for BAFTA websites and social channel
- Initiation, Implementation and maintenance of production budgets
- Booking and management of freelance crews
- Quality control and compliance of all produced content
- Management of relationships with key stakeholders such as partners
- Delivery of required assets from all filmed events for BAFTA Archive
Essential Skills Required:
BAFTA is looking for an individual who is passionate about our industry and wants to become part of a small but dedicated production team who wish to push the boundaries in terms of creating excellent content commensurate with BAFTA’s aspirations. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in both producing content and production managing with an ability to work as part of a team but also to work independently when required.
- Technical experience and an understanding of various camera, lighting, sound, editing formats and data wrangling
- Experienced at creation and management of production budgets
- Experience of live broadcast
- Understanding of OB Facilities
- Experience of managing crews, clearance procedures, risk assessments and first aid.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently when required but also to work as a collaborative member of the team
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by Friday 22 February.