BAFTA Los Angeles is seeking a new Partnerships Director to manage the ongoing growth of its commercial partnerships.
Reports to: BAFTA Los Angeles Chief Operating Offer.
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Los Angeles
British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a leading nonprofit organization promoting and rewarding excellence in film, games and television. Through awards, events and online resources, we drive standards ever higher, seek out and encourage new and emerging talent, and inspire practitioners while celebrating the very best creative work. As a 501c3 nonprofit, BAFTA Los Angeles extends the organization’s remit into the US, including award-winning community outreach programs, screenings, seminars, scholarships, mentorship schemes, and archival projects.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to generate revenue for BAFTA’s awards, events and new talent initiatives in Los Angeles, and manage an existing portfolio of partners.
This exciting role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone with a proven sales background. The role’s primary focus is to secure new revenue through commercial opportunities whilst developing existing partnerships. The role is very focused on maximising all opportunities in order to achieve revenue targets.
You will be expected to develop long-term relationships within our community, and demonstrate a keen eye for new opportunities, including non-traditional industry sectors. You will be self-motivated, a strategic thinker, extremely organized and a real team player. You will use your own initiative and be goal focused.
The position is based in Los Angeles, reporting to the BAFTA Los Angeles Chief Operating Offer and you will be encouraged to forge a strong overall relationship with BAFTA’s Director of Partnerships based in London.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for all corporate partners.
- Identify and deliver new long-term partners and revenue streams to support BAFTA’s awards, events, and new talent initiatives in Los Angeles.
- Manage the existing portfolio of partnerships, including contract negotiations and renewals.
- Manage all pitch documents, summary reports, and other collateral.
- Manage all elements of partnerships to include delivery of activation, securing of financials, creation of contracts, and ensuring payments are made.
- Hold regular meetings with media and sponsorship agencies, with other delivery partners and with key industry contacts to build upon a great network of contacts.
- Maintain clear reports to share with Executive team and the Board.
- Manage, promote and develop all partnership benefits and services to increase the value of partnerships and to ensure that all partners receive the highest standard of service across the organization.
- Ensuring every partnership is relevant, appropriate, and continues to deliver maximum value to BAFTA.
- Collaborate with BAFTA’s global branches to maximize income streams.
- A proven track record in pitching and closing sales is essential, ideally within the media industry
- Excellent negotiation skills and confidence selling face to face and on the phone
- A solid commercial understanding of brands within the film, games and space
- Ability to identify and foster new commercial partnerships, and maximize existing opportunities
- Proven network of commercial contacts within the entertainment and b2b industries
- Tenacity, drive and a passion to succeed
- A keen in interest in film, gaming and television
- Awareness of new brands entering the global entertainment space
- Ability to read situations and react accordingly and be calm under pressure
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to create engaging proposals as effective sales tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels with diplomacy and professionalism
- Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Documented and demonstrable success in similar roles
- Bachelors Degree or higher
Please apply by sending a resume and covering letter to [email protected].
The employer is an equal opportunity employer. It considers applicants and its employees for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, religious creed, pregnancy or related condition, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or medical condition, military, marital or veteran status, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or qualified disabled veteran, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local civil rights laws. In accordance of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered.