BAFTA is seeking an experienced Partnerships Director to join the Los Angeles team.
British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a leading nonprofit promoting and rewarding excellence in film, games and television. Through awards, events and online resources, we drive standards ever higher, seek out and encourage new and emerging talent, and inspire practitioners while celebrating the very best creative work. As a 501c3 nonprofit, BAFTA Los Angeles extends the organization’s remit into the US, including award-winning community outreach programs, screenings, seminars, scholarships, mentorship schemes, and archival projects.
BAFTA is seeking an experienced Partnerships Director to join the Los Angeles team. Working alongside both the Executive Staff and Board of Directors, the successful candidate will manage the procurement of new long-term corporate partners, manage ongoing relationships including generating reports and ensuring delivery of sponsorship activation, and secure the timely renewal of partners. BAFTA seeks an individual with the intelligence and professionalism required for advancement, as we continue to grow our international activities. Role is based in Los Angeles, closely collaborating with BAFTA’s global teams.
- Strong contacts with key decision makers at corporate and entertainment brands.
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Ability to identify and foster new corporate relationships.
- Ability to create new partnership opportunities out of existing initiatives.
- Good presentation skills, including the ability to develop collateral for presentations to potential sponsors, and reports for current sponsors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, with excellent follow-through.
- Comfortable in both one-on-one situations and group interaction.
- Solid presence and bearing to navigate and engage with senior, corporate leaders.
- Documented and demonstrable success in similar roles.
- Bachelors Degree or higher.
The role’s primary focus is the securing of new, and retaining existing, partnerships in order to continue the success of BAFTA Los Angeles. You will be expected to develop long-term relationships within our community, and demonstrate a keen eye for sponsorship opportunity, including non-traditional industry sectors. Position is based on Los Angeles, reporting to the BAFTA Los Angeles Chief Operating Offer.
Please submit resume and cover letter via email to [email protected]
The employer is an equal opportunity employer. It considers applicants and its employees for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, religious creed, pregnancy or related condition, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or medical condition, military, marital or veteran status, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or qualified disabled veteran, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local civil rights laws. In accordance of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered.