Job Title: Media Manager
Reports to: Archive Manager/Research & Development Business Manager
Job Location: London
Date: October 2014
Salary: Starting £29,000 (Salary Band D)
The role of Media Manager is a new role within BAFTA and requires previous experience of working within a visual media content and asset management environment. The successful candidate will have experience of communicating, articulating and implementing policy and procedures within a digital environment.
- Ensuring full and accurate information is captured and assigned to all BAFTA produced and held media assets. This includes completed edits, programmes, packages and rushes.
- Maintaining and managing the BAFTA Research Source 2 Screen (S2S) systems and catalogues that underpin all BAFTA broadcast, production and archiving activities.
- Delivering the BAFTA Archive and Heritage audio-visual digitisation programme for legacy BAFTA media content. Coordinating and performing digitisation, encoding and uploading of BAFTA digital files and analogue tape sources.
- Fulfilling requests for BAFTA media content and Archive content required internally and externally within a range of products and productions.
- Supporting Source 2 Screen customer media management needs and providing required digital media services.
- Liaising with BAFTA branches, colleagues, partners and S2S customers that require media management services.
- Working closely with the BAFTA Archive, Productions and Communications teams to keep all usage rights and other metadata updated.
- Proactively improving the planning process and Archive integration with BAFTA Production and Communications media outputs.
- Supporting the portfolio of BAFTA Research media focused archive projects and initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
- A thorough understanding of all key metadata processes and systems.
- Knowledge or relevant experience of technical developments in the broadcast industry and archiving: from file based work flows to formats and codecs and web archiving.
- The role requires ‘hands on’ experience with physical media, the Media Manager will have worked in a ‘media handling’ and/or ‘metadata’ capacity at a production or post-production company or broadcast department.
- Awareness of copyright and rights issues such as contributor agreements and clearances is desirable.
- Attention to detail is a prerequisite and you will need to demonstrate excellent IT skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills are essential, as is flexibility to accommodate continually changing needs.
- Personable, persuasive and confident individual who enjoys working within a busy team environment.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter/e-mail detailing how your past experience matches the points detailed in the person specification to [email protected] by Friday 17 October 2014.
Please also complete our online diversity monitoring form, which can be found at bafta.org/jobs. This form is not considered with your application.