This three-month paid internship offers you the chance to work on BAFTA’s Learning and New Talent programme, bringing our exciting series of public events to new audiences.
Job Title: Learning and New Talent Intern
Reports to: Director of Learning and New Talent
Date: Mid-June 2018
- Work with the Learning and New Talent team to promote events online through our members’ and public newsletters;
- Assist with the running of events as needed, particularly customer service.
- Aid the Communications team in the day-to-day maintenance and updating of the Learning pages of the BAFTA website and the events booking pages, creating and managing online content;
- Work alongside the Learning and New Talent Assistant to compile information about events from event producers for internal and partner communications;
- Present information using agreed formats for BAFTA members’ newsletter, public newsletter, website, internal briefing documents etc.;
- Research and administrative tasks as appropriate (compiling guest lists, booking travel and accommodation etc.);
- Responding to enquiries from BAFTA members and members of the public.
Knowledge & Experience
- A passion for Film, Television and/or Video Games;
- Some experience of working with a website content management system;
- A working knowledge of image editing software (e.g. Photoshop) and/or Google Analytics;
- Ability to take the initiative and work as part of a team;
- A good eye for detail and accuracy;
- Good overview of UK creative industries and current events in the film, television and video games fields;
- Experience of working on live events;
- Experience of customer service is desirable.
The internship is a full-time position at the BAFTA staff offices in Piccadilly for three months starting mid-June. This is a paid position with a weekly rate, payable in arrears.
To apply please send a CV to [email protected] and briefly answer the questions below by 12noon on Tuesday 29 May:
Why you would like to work for BAFTA?
What events or learning initiatives have you been involved in and in what capacity?
How do you define good customer service?
Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.