31 October 13
BAFTA is currently recruiting a full time Learning and Events Assistant to work in our London office.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE NOW CLOSED.
Full Time, permanent
Salary – £20,000-£22,000 dependent on experience
This is an administrative role within the BAFTA Learning and Events team, supporting the team to fulfil BAFTA’s remit to champion creative excellence in film, TV and games. BAFTA Learning and Events champions excellence both by developing creative skills and by recognising and promoting talent.
The Learning and Events Assistant ensures the smooth running of the learning programme. Reporting to the Head of Learning and Events the Learning and Events Assistant oversees internal and external communications as well as financial and other record-keeping, ensuring they are accurate and up to date. The Assistant also works to the Events Production Officer, assisting with the coordination of the events programme, maintaining the highest standards of event production.
The role is assisted by an intern who provides support for the regular administration tasks and event delivery.
The role includes regular evening work and occasional weekends.
1. Good knowledge of the film, TV and games industries and of BAFTA’s work
2. Experience of working on a programme of events and/or at a similar cultural organisation (e.g. festival, arts venue etc.)
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Excellent attention to detail
5. Excellent time management, particularly in relation to regular tasks
6. Excellent organisational and analytical skills
7. Good knowledge of Excel, Word and other office applications
Please apply by CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday 15 November. CVs and cover letters should be no more than two pages each (four pages in total) and your cover letter should demonstrate how you fulfil the person specification.
Interviews will take place w/c 18 November.
We are unfortunately unable to give detailed or specific feedback on applications but we will reply to all applications detailing some general points about the applications we receive.