BAFTA is looking for a talented Head of Fundraising to lead the Fundraising team.
Position: Head of Fundraising
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer
Responsible For: Line management responsibility for a team of three plus circa five external consultants
Salary: Band D – c. £60,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Central London
Start date: Autumn 2018
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a world-leading independent arts charity. In addition to our Awards ceremonies, we have a year-round, international programme of learning events and initiatives that offers unique access to some of the world’s most inspiring talent, through workshops, masterclasses, scholarships, lectures and mentoring schemes in the UK, USA and Asia.
BAFTA is over half way through the Illuminating BAFTA capital campaign to redevelop its home, 195 Piccadilly. Essential to BAFTA’s future, the redevelopment will transform BAFTA’s headquarters, allowing them to dramatically grow their new talent activity, offer essential support to the industry and ensure that the film, games and television industries are open to all.
BAFTA also has an annual fundraising target from individuals and Trusts and Foundations of c. £1m, needed to support the many Learning & New Talent and Archive, Heritage and Exhibition projects.
Head of Fundraising
BAFTA is looking for a Head of Fundraising to lead the fundraising team and work with the Senior Management, Board and Committee members to deliver the remaining funds for its Capital Campaign to redevelop BAFTA 195 Piccadilly. A campaign that has real momentum and has already raised over half of the required funds. In addition, the Head of Fundraising will continue to develop and implement BAFTA’s fundraising strategy with a view to maximising the income from individuals and trusts and foundations and statutory organisations. The role presents a unique opportunity for a talented individual to make a significant contribution to BAFTA’s next phase of growth as a leading British cultural organisation.
- To lead the capital campaign to raise the remaining funds to complete the Illuminating BAFTA Redevelopment Project, providing high-quality professional support to the CEO, COO and Trustees / Committee members to ensure the campaign remains on course and has sufficient resources dedicated in order to deliver a successful outcome;
- To develop and implement the annual fundraising strategy which sets clear goals and plans for generating income from a range of sources;
- To manage and motivate a team consisting of full-time, part-time and freelance staff specialising in fundraising, event production, marketing and talent management;
- Management of departmental and capital campaign fundraising budgets;
- To ensure a varied range of income sources are secured and developed including statutory funders, trusts and foundations and high net worth individuals;
- To initiate and develop relationships with funders and potential funders, exhibiting a high quality of donor care;
- To support others in the organisation with the development of project plans that are ‘fit for fundraising’;
- Working closely with the Senior Executive team, BAFTA Officers and senior volunteers, driving strategy and the deliverables in order to meet our overall fundraising objectives;
- Reporting and communicating timelines and deliverables for the key strands of the fundraising campaigns;
- Represent BAFTA at key functions to raise the charity’s profile and develop new and existing supporters;
- To promote the fundraising function across the organisation at all levels;
- To contribute to the ongoing development of BAFTA’s business plan;
- To keep abreast of developments in fundraising and identify and initiate new and creative opportunities for increasing income;
- Ensure that all fundraising activities conform to appropriate regulations including providing business advice and seeking legal advice when required.
- Strong leadership skills and experience of managing a broad team;
- Extensive project and strategic management experience;
- Preferably, experience of capital fundraising campaigns and building-related projects;
- Proven track record of securing six and seven figure major gifts;
- Ability to work effectively with senior film, games and television industry people;
- Ability to develop a vision, formulate strategy and deliver objectives;
- Professionally astute, a creative thinker;
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Good knowledge of business and legal affairs;
- Excellent organisation and communication skills;
- Experience or knowledge of the arts & culture sector is desirable.
For further details about this role, please download the recruitment pack here.
To apply for this exciting and rare opportunity with BAFTA please send a CV and covering letter, outlining why you are the right candidate to: [email protected] by Monday 3 September at 17:00.
We are highly committed to attracting applications from a diverse talent pool and request that any applicants complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey to assist us in monitoring and improving the effectiveness of our diversity policy. Any information provided will be treated as strictly confidential; it will be used for anonymous statistical analysis only and will not influence the recruitment process in any way.