BAFTA is looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join its busy Communications Department.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Communications Manager
Job Location: London
Date: January 2019
To design, artwork and coordinate production of BAFTA’s internally-produced print and digital materials.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities (e.g. operational tasks, management responsibilities, inputs/outputs etc.):
Working closely with:
- Communications Managers
- Communications Team
- Print Editor (freelance)
1. Designing, artworking and coordinating production of BAFTA’s internally-produced print and digital materials
2. Programming email marketing material in HTML/CSS
3. Developing, artworking and managing identities and guidelines for BAFTA brands, sub-brands and initiatives
1. Designs, artworks and coordinates production of all of BAFTA’s internally-produced print and digital materials, project-managing where required
- Manage design projects for both internal and external use, at a variety of scales, from brief to delivery, integrating across multiple formats and contexts when necessary
- Liaises with internal staff and external suppliers to ensure projects are delivered to the correct specifications, on time and within budget (internal staff includes project managers, event producers, copywriters, website managers and the communications team; external suppliers include printers, paper merchants, editors, design studios and content providers)
- Ensure that all internally designed collateral is consistent with the BAFTA brand and style guides and adheres to BAFTA’s standard of excellence
- Projects include brochures, tickets and invitations, advertising campaigns, signage, email marketing, web graphics, social media assets and motion graphics
2. Programmes email marketing material in HTML/CSS
- Creates templates in HTML/CSS, consistent with the BAFTA brand guidelines and standard of excellence, and ensures these are being completed correctly by internal departments and other branches
- Creates additional email material for annual and one-off events
3. Develops, artworks and manages identities and guidelines for BAFTA brands, sub-brands and initiatives as required.
- Develops brand assets within the BAFTA architechture with due consideration of the integrity of the BAFTA brand
- Ensures that, where necessary, sub-brand identities are distinct and tailor to the target audience, while maintaing a connection to the core BAFTA brand
- Assists Communications Manager with brand approvals, development and application by third parties
- Assists Comms team at awards ceremonies
This position is now closed.
BAFTA is holding a panel on cinematography featuring experts in the field. The event will take place at BAFTA’s headquarters at 195 Piccadilly. Using the BAFTA logo and brand guidelines, create an inspiring banner graphic to promote the event. The banner will be shared through social media and embedded in emails. Please attach this as a jpeg (max 100MB) with the rest of your application.
Students studying film or television, career starters in the film or television industry, members of the public with a passion for cinema.
Focus on Cinematography: a look behind the camera.
Please follow this link to download the assets to complete this task. (Will be deleted on 21 December, 2018)
Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.