BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is seeking an Event Manager is to manage a broad range of events for both private and corporate clients.
Department: 195 Piccadilly Events Department
Reporting to: Head of Commercial Events
Salary: Based upon experience
Overall purpose of the role
The role of the Event Manager is to manage a broad range of events for both private and corporate clients at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, the headquarters of BAFTA in London. This role involves managing all planning and logistics from the contract stage onwards until the event day; and to maximize revenue opportunities through upselling. The candidate will manage a broad range of events including multi-day bookings and will require an ability to multi-task and liaise with a number of clients simultaneously.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive the contracts from the Sales and Experience Manager and ensure that upselling opportunities are maximized from contract through to final invoice
- Meet and exceed personal sales targets
- Support the delivery of the team’s annual targets through secondary spends, including food and beverage, technical support and the services of the Accredited Suppliers;
- Manage complex events including multi-day events, along with luxury brands and high-net-worth individuals, creating events which truly reflect the BAFTA brand and exceed client expectations
- Build strong client relationships to ensure repeat levels of business are maintained
- Ensure post-event evaluation is undertaken (including data entry and analysis and producing reports)
- Work with the Operations Team, including the Head Chef, Banqueting Manager and Technical support to ensure that all operational requirements and arrangements are in place for each event and all upselling opportunities are maximized
- Lead on the tasting process and ensure the client experience exceeds expectations and generates upselling opportunities
- Be flexible in working hours, to accommodate client events and occasional weekend
- Represent the venue at showcase events and exhibitions and support the team on cultivation events hosted at the venue
- Attend events off-site at exhibitions and networking events, acting professionally and knowledgeable in representing the venue
- Help to contribute to the on-going implementation of the Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Assist in building cultivation invitation lists according to the target audience
- Assist the Head of Department in any other marketing activity which may be required from time to time
- Conduct research from time to time to identify new trends and opportunities
- Extensive events planning experience; ideally in a venue
- A proven track record in the delivery of sales targets
- Relevant degree-level qualification would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Salesforce/Delphi would be an advantage
- Passion for the Events Industry and an enthusiastic approach is a must
Please send a CV and cover letter (up to two pages each, no more than four pages in total) to [email protected] by Monday 22nd May at 17:00. Your cover letter should provide evidence for how you fulfil the requirements of the person specification.
Please help us to develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of our recruitment processes by filling in our Diversity Monitoring Survey.
All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.